cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Hello, As far as some people know even with the speed of 63MBPS+ it still not powerful to use in this today's generation.

With some parts of the UK receiving 100+MBPS with TalkTalk there still a massive section of the UK not having the advantage of this speed from TalkTalk/OpenReach even though people want this so bad.

So I was thinking why haven't TalkTalk done this but to show a Live MAP of the Area's that are Planned to increase speeds and What speed they aiming for, The speeds that the Area is already receiving (Not by Postcode) & Area's that they not planning to increase yet.

Most of us would like to see the development of areas and what area's are next to be upgraded and off-course to see if there area next. Even though in my own opinion it be a great idea to see the progress on the broadband development side instead of waiting here in silent having to wait till news have hit a news site like ISPPreview 

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

100MBPS+ Faster Speed Map

Hello, As far as some people know even with the speed of 63MBPS+ it still not powerful to use in this today's generation.

With some parts of the UK receiving 100+MBPS with TalkTalk there still a massive section of the UK not having the advantage of this speed from TalkTalk/OpenReach even though people want this so bad.

So I was thinking why haven't TalkTalk done this but to show a Live MAP of the Area's that are Planned to increase speeds and What speed they aiming for, The speeds that the Area is already receiving (Not by Postcode) & Area's that they not planning to increase yet.

Most of us would like to see the development of areas and what area's are next to be upgraded and off-course to see if there area next. Even though in my own opinion it be a great idea to see the progress on the broadband development side instead of waiting here in silent having to wait till news have hit a news site like ISPPreview 

What do you think?
14 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Needs Info

@Anonymous Just to confirm, are you referring to UFO or G.Fast?

FibreNation to rollout full fibre broadband to three million homes and businesses

Faster 150 Fibre

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confirming to g.fast at the moment since UFO is only available for York at the moment. 

Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

@Anonymous Thanks for letting me know. There is a list of current locations in the above Help Article, however we don't have any control where this is rolled out, we just follow the Openreach rollout plan. As soon as more locations are available then we will update this article to advise. Thanks

First Timer

i get 20 mbps and i have fiber optic. is that bad?

Popular Poster

@nasar1342 The fiber optic speed has different ranges, depending on your area. 

The distance of your house from the exchange will affect the possible speed ranges that you will receive.

It is better to review your package details and check for the minimum guaranteed speed or speak with Technical team to see if there is any issues on the line.

Fiber Medium is usually between 35mbps - 40mbps

Fiber Large is between 63mbps - 80 mbps.

Ultra Fiber Optic is an average speed of 100mbps.

Wizz Kid

Good idea. We're on the 76mb package but speeds are, well were, 65mb, down at the moment though. When speeds are 65mb it simply isn't enough for a modern household. We live in an age of 4K TV's, games consoles, streaming devices, phones, tablets, laptops etc.  Just the Playstation 4 on its own can zap up almost 40mb of bandwith when downloading a game. And games these days are getting bigger and bigger some over 100GB in size. The next generation of games consoles will soon be upon us and game sizes will get even bigger than that! And 8K is now starting to roll out.  Even with the 76mb package we can only really do 1 thing at a time. If someone is streaming 4K in the living room you can forget streaming in one of the bedrooms or downloading a game or something like that. You have to wait until the other person is finished.

When looking to see if the 150mb and 300mb fibre was available in our area it was a bit of a chore. I eventually found a list of places that had it but sadly we are not in one of those areas. Close though. We're in East Anglia and Cambridge has it and were just 30 mins or so from there so hopefully it will be with us soon.

Community Star

@Username_Unavailable  So the "Good idea" is in fact in place i.e. you can find the information.  🙂

Wizz Kid

@fergusonNo. It wasn't easy to find. TalkTalk also has a lot of conflicting pages up when trying to find information on it. For example a page that shows the150mb TalkTalk package at £48 per month, then other pages that say the 150mb package is just £28 per month. Everything needs to be made clear with no confusion and easily accessible. And as the OP says news on where , when, time frames etc etc etc.

Community Star

TalkTalk cannot provide updates on what may or may not be happening with the fibre infrastructure, only Openreach can do that. 

Wizz Kid

Open Reach can provide TalkTalk with updates and TalkTalk can update us. 😀