cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

A 4K/Ultra HD TV Box to purchase

Submitted by Blofeld 12-11-2019 | 2 Comments

I look around at other providers who use youview, for example BT & there comes a time when we should really be given a definitive time, when TalkTalk plan to release their own 4K box. Personally I own 3 4K/Ultra HD tv’s, with 4K upscaling available on them it does help, but I think it’s about time TalkTalk customers could have the ability to purchase a 4K box direct from TalkTalk. I would like to be able to watch my sky Sports football in 4K and be able to record it, along with other channels, why when so many other providers are now getting aboard with 4K, is TalkTalk still happy to push out an ageing box? Surely a deal could be done with the manufacturer  & Sky? Just feel that technology is moving a hell of a lot faster than TalkTalk, if there’s already an answer out there or TalkTalk have plans in next couple of months and not the old near future chestnut, then great, but I probably don’t speak for myself when I say the due to the lack of the quality of the picture from the box and it’s lack of ability to stream 4K, I’m finding myself using it less and less, especially when Sky & BT plus others have all got a Ultra HD service available. Can TalkTalk give me any idea if there are plans to replace these old boxes to a more newer looking 4K/Ultra HD version. Thanks Steve 

Get more ideas related to: TV

0 Likes

A 4K/Ultra HD TV Box to purchase

I look around at other providers who use youview, for example BT & there comes a time when we should really be given a definitive time, when TalkTalk plan to release their own 4K box. Personally I own 3 4K/Ultra HD tv’s, with 4K upscaling available on them it does help, but I think it’s about time TalkTalk customers could have the ability to purchase a 4K box direct from TalkTalk. I would like to be able to watch my sky Sports football in 4K and be able to record it, along with other channels, why when so many other providers are now getting aboard with 4K, is TalkTalk still happy to push out an ageing box? Surely a deal could be done with the manufacturer  & Sky? Just feel that technology is moving a hell of a lot faster than TalkTalk, if there’s already an answer out there or TalkTalk have plans in next couple of months and not the old near future chestnut, then great, but I probably don’t speak for myself when I say the due to the lack of the quality of the picture from the box and it’s lack of ability to stream 4K, I’m finding myself using it less and less, especially when Sky & BT plus others have all got a Ultra HD service available. Can TalkTalk give me any idea if there are plans to replace these old boxes to a more newer looking 4K/Ultra HD version. Thanks Steve 

What do you think?
2 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi Blofeld,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've passed it on to our TV guys for comment - I'll let you know when I have any feedback

Thanks

Chris

Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi Blofeld,

Our TV guys have said that they are exploring how we can bring higher resolution content in a variety of ways. A new box could solve this, but this is a while away at the moment. Thanks again for your suggestion

Chris