Need help?

Ability to Whitelist & Blacklist phone numbers

Submitted by blowfish 29-03-2017 | 5 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

Would it be possible at some point in the future to have a whitelist in myaccount which we can add all our trusted numbers too, this list would then be used so that all calls except for ones on our trusted list will be blocked from calling us? 

Would also be cool, if we could see a list of all the blocked numbers in myaccount and have the ability to move them to the trusted list.

Latest Update: Status: Delivered

Congratulations and thank you for this amazing idea which we have now implemented in the form of CallSafe, you can find out more about this new service by checking out our About CallSafe guide or enabling it by dialling 1472 from your home phone and follow the instructions.

Get more ideas related to: Beat the scammers Phone

Ability to Whitelist & Blacklist phone numbers

Would it be possible at some point in the future to have a whitelist in myaccount which we can add all our trusted numbers too, this list would then be used so that all calls except for ones on our trusted list will be blocked from calling us? 

Would also be cool, if we could see a list of all the blocked numbers in myaccount and have the ability to move them to the trusted list.

Latest Update: Status: Delivered

Congratulations and thank you for this amazing idea which we have now implemented in the form of CallSafe, you can find out more about this new service by checking out our About CallSafe guide or enabling it by dialling 1472 from your home phone and follow the instructions.

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: Investigating

@blowfish Thanks for your suggestion, this idea is being investigated

Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

@blowfish Congratulations your idea has now been accepted and you can find further info here Together we're beating the Scammers!

Chatterbox

Excellent idear  love to be able to see the phone numbers blocked/barred in a list and be able to move them around 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

@blowfish We're pleased to inform you that your idea has now been implemented in the form of CallSafe, You can read more about Callsafe, what it does and how to use it by checking out our About Callsafe guide or by watching the below video. Thanks to you for sharing your idea and to everyone for their likes.

Popular Poster

I keep getting the same pre-recorded scam message about TalkTalk going to disconnect my internet service today unless I press 1 or 2 on my keypad and speak to someone. If you follow the recorded instruction, no doubt you would be charged some extortionate charge per minute on your phone bill.

I try to report every such scam number calling on the Community Site, but I think I have only ever been told that one number has been blocked out of probably 40 or 50 numbers reported. I do however block each such number that has called me on my external call blocker, which does prevent them getting a call through again. However, these scammers just keep changing the number they are calling from. They must have purchased a huge volume of these numbers to be able to keep doing this.