cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Account data and Security

Submitted by paulshent 29-09-2019 | 2 Comments

What concerns me is account security. To-day, someone accessed my account via support and asked them to cancel my account. Contacted support who killed the request and informed me i had contacted them earlier in day, of which i had not.  So someone has my details.  Have since changed all my passwords except phone contact password which there appears to be no way of doing. my suggestions.  1) Make changing passwords via my account a little more easy. 2) Increase data security and enforce a password change every 3 months. 3) Phone security requires to be a lot more tight, with multiple choice passwords, that can be reset by an OCE, or user. 4) For account cancellation accept only via designated phone number(s) from Home landline and / or Mobile.

Get more ideas related to: Beat the scammers

0 Likes

Account data and Security

What concerns me is account security. To-day, someone accessed my account via support and asked them to cancel my account. Contacted support who killed the request and informed me i had contacted them earlier in day, of which i had not.  So someone has my details.  Have since changed all my passwords except phone contact password which there appears to be no way of doing. my suggestions.  1) Make changing passwords via my account a little more easy. 2) Increase data security and enforce a password change every 3 months. 3) Phone security requires to be a lot more tight, with multiple choice passwords, that can be reset by an OCE, or user. 4) For account cancellation accept only via designated phone number(s) from Home landline and / or Mobile.

What do you think?
2 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Unable to Deliver

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your comments. I can see that you've spoken to OCE_Arne about this and it was actually another ISP that tried to migrate your service, probably due to an error with the telephone number. If an un-authorised person did contact use to make any changes to your account they would have to get through the security questions

Chris

Community Star

That is true. BUT what put me off, was,  the support person i contacted via online chat said.  No need to ask for your password information since we spoke to you earlier to-day.    Twice that happened, and in both circumstances i had not contacted online support either by phone or online web.