Need help?

Ad-free website

Submitted by bband321 17-12-2019 | 21 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

Maybe stop sponging further off of your customers and selling analytical data to google (don't recall having to accept your cookie/ad and data handling policy, surely that's not right... haven't you learned from previous whoopsies with data?). Perhaps become professional and either a: get visitors permission for data use or b: drop the google ads maybe?

Get more ideas related to: Beat the Scammers Community Other

0 Likes

Ad-free website

Maybe stop sponging further off of your customers and selling analytical data to google (don't recall having to accept your cookie/ad and data handling policy, surely that's not right... haven't you learned from previous whoopsies with data?). Perhaps become professional and either a: get visitors permission for data use or b: drop the google ads maybe?

What do you think?
21 Comments
Community Star

You have to accept cookies etc. on any website, it’s the law. And try an ad blocker.

Visitor

@ferguson yes you do, thank you for that, were you prompted for consent of the use of your browser's cookies? Why should I use an ad-blocker on a site that's run by my paid ISP, do you not think this is wrong?

Community Star

Community Terms of Service clause 25 - Adverts are non-personalised and do not use any of your data. TalkTalk Mail and News - You will have accepted TalkTalk Privacy Terms and select via the Privacy Manager who your data is shared with and you can Manage Cookies at any time. Cookie Policy - Basically, your choices are totally respected and TalkTalk is GDPR compliant. 

Visitor

@Gondola Thanks for your reply there, I didn't sign up to talktalk's privacy terms perse and the Ads spooling seem quite non-generic to me, apologies.

Community Star

@bband321 Yes, of course I was. And so were you.

Community Star

Pleased to have been of help. If you wish to start afresh on any site where your data is used and consent must be obtained then just clear browser cookies to prove you can select your privacy settings. 

Visitor

@ferguson sorry, going to have to agree to disagree there.

@Gondola I recently bought an ssd...

IMG_20191217_222031.jpg

Not so "non-personalised" as you claim.

Visitor

It's cool, you don't want an ad-free site because you need that extra few hits/funds or it keeps the forum's lights on... it's really none of my business. I just thought it would be a "Good idea" to have asthetically pleasing and non-intrusive support site ad-free from a paid ISP service instead of having google ads on every page.

Community Star

If cookies from your SSD purchase are stored in your browser then inevitably you'll be served relevant advertisements. This perfectly demonstrates you're not effectively managing your cookies. If you don't want to be tracked then manage your cookies or use a tracker blocker (ad blocker). Manage your cookies...Do it.

Visitor

@Gondola I don't think you understand - I don't mind being tracked... however, you claimed that the advert was "non-personalised". Keep up on that high horse of yours though. It's good to see a nice, open,  friendly, community here.