Need help?

Ad-free website

Submitted by bband321 17-12-2019 | 21 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

Maybe stop sponging further off of your customers and selling analytical data to google (don't recall having to accept your cookie/ad and data handling policy, surely that's not right... haven't you learned from previous whoopsies with data?). Perhaps become professional and either a: get visitors permission for data use or b: drop the google ads maybe?

Get more ideas related to: Beat the Scammers Community Other

0 Likes

Ad-free website

Maybe stop sponging further off of your customers and selling analytical data to google (don't recall having to accept your cookie/ad and data handling policy, surely that's not right... haven't you learned from previous whoopsies with data?). Perhaps become professional and either a: get visitors permission for data use or b: drop the google ads maybe?

What do you think?
21 Comments
Community Star

Your anonymous Community presence cannot be personalised to you as an individual. My Shetland pony is very friendly so thanks for asking. Your suggestion in this idea of TalkTalk selling your data is what you came here for so I'm pleased we have a friendly way of helping you understand how to manage your cookies. But as you don't mind being tracked...Duh!

Visitor

Nope, I came here to idea "An ad-free forum" only, any other comments that you've read are my humble opinion - incidentally I have a few issues that talk talk have yet to address and is my primary reason here but that's not what this post is for. 

P.S. Poor pony.

Community Star

I offered you an ad-free solution, which you dismissed.

Visitor

@ferguson 

Thank you for your reply, however, a vaugue remark like "get an ad blocker" isn't offering a solution. Even if I were to decide to bloat my browser with an ad blocker all it's doing is masking an underlying problem. There's also the issue of the use of such a thing being condoned on a site with ads - as I mentioned earlier there could be good reason for there being ads here such as keeping the forum and so on running. Forcably preventing the ad service to run stops hits/payment to talktalk from google, I don't think that's in talktalk's interest - asking for talktalk to remove it via an idea on their support site seems a bit more of a legitimate way to engage this. Then there is the spyware/malware risk of installing an ad blocker (sure there will be plenty of safe solutions out there but none have been advised). I've dismissed your vauge, flippant suggestion because it holds less value than hinderance, thanks again.

Community Star

Hey, it was neither vague, nor flippant. I use one myself and it works. TalkTalk advisors have been known to suggest it themselves. And I am pretty sure this "Idea" has been mooted before, but doubtless TalkTalk will advise you when they get around to responding. And whether posting here or elsewhere on the forums do try remember the community rules.

Visitor

Not sure where I didn't follow community rules... if I do choose to post again I'll bear this in mind though, ta.

Philosopher

@OCE_Andy this is a repeat of mine from this year

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi bband321,

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the ads but there are no plans to remove them at the moment, thanks for your comment.

Chris

Status changed to: New

Hi bband321,

Just a quick update on this. We are looking into this with a view to removing the ads before the end of the year, thanks again for your suggestion 

Chris 

Status changed to: Accepted

Changed to accepted