cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Add a "Start a Topic" button on the community intro page.

Submitted by Figgis 10-03-2019 | 23 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I don't post in the Community very often but when I do I always have a problem locating the "Start a Topic" button if I want to post on a problem I'm experiencing. I have committed the sin of piggy backing on someone elses topic when I was desperate.

Please add the Start a Topic button to the introduction page to make it easier for your customers to raise their problems or concerns.

Get more ideas related to: Community

Add a "Start a Topic" button on the community intro page.

I don't post in the Community very often but when I do I always have a problem locating the "Start a Topic" button if I want to post on a problem I'm experiencing. I have committed the sin of piggy backing on someone elses topic when I was desperate.

Please add the Start a Topic button to the introduction page to make it easier for your customers to raise their problems or concerns.

What do you think?
23 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Needs Info

@Figgis  Thanks for the suggestion. There is currently a start a topic button in the introductions section, however if it's a specific support query then it would be best to post this in the Help with your TalkTalk Service section. Did you mean a different area of the Community? Thanks

Conversation Starter

TT Help Capture.PNG

If I search for a topic relating to my problem on this screen and nothing is relevant there is no "Post a Topic" button to be seen. I don't post in the Community very often but each time I have to do it I spend ages looking for the Post a Topic button. I get more and more frustrated and either post on someone elses topic or give up and have to face phoning your customer service. If I do find the Post a Topic button I am likely to forget how I did it because months or a year may elapse between posts..

The last two times I have called customer service there was a lack of understanding of my problem due to fast speaker,  language and a noisy background. Sorting a problem through the Community is much better for my mental health.

I already posted on this subject (see the link below) but I had to hijack someone elses post as I could not find a way to start my own topic.

https😕/community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/POST-BUTTON/m-p/2170133?collapse...

Community Star

Go to any help area e.g. Broadband, Home Phone etc. and there is a Start Topic button at the top.

Wizz Kid

Hello again, @Figgis 

Do you know how to "Bookmark" anything on your computer or laptop? (Suggested by @TheHornedOne on your post of two days ago).

If not, I'll show you how to do that, and it will make it very easy and fast for you to find where to "Start a Topic" (make a new post).

For example, if you bookmarked the "Help with your TalkTalk service" page [ https😕/community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Help-with-your-TalkTalk-service/ct-p/help ], one click would take you straight there and save you having to go from A to B to C. Then all you'd need to do is click on which service suits your needs (like the "Billing, Your account & My TalkTalk app" for example), and a final click on the "Start a Topic" bar at the top left of that page gives you a new post to start on straight away.

Three quick clicks and you're there!!!

Let me know if you'd like to do that, and I'll give you some instructions and images of what you'll see after each click.

It's dead easy, by the way, and will solve your problem in finding your way around.

You'll also not need to remember anything.....except, of course, the three quick clicks.

See you soon.....Pat

Wizz Kid

That's odd..............

Just to test it.....

😕/

🙂

😮

😄

Community Star

@Patricia55  I am not sure how that is quicker and/or easier than going to the Help with your TalkTalk service section and then choosing the area of support you need, each of which has a Start a topic button? Bookmarks can fail because the underlying links can change. 

Wizz Kid

@ferguson 

I'm thinking of what the OP's needs are, rather than just saying "Go here, or go there" because it seems to me that the OP is not familiar with their way around here, or what some of us mean by what we're saying.

Also, because the OP is forgetful about how they got there in the first place, it would seem sensible to me to make it a quicker and easier way to get where they want to be, as well as not having to remember too much.....🙂

Community Star

Ah right, so just a Start a topic button with no clues as to what it actually relates to? Better to direct people to where they need to go on the few occasions where they can’t work it out rather than trying to figure out how to deal with random topics.

Wizz Kid

@ferguson 

That's what the OP wants but, as we both know, that's not possible....................until one chooses WHERE to start a topic FROM.

One always has to start at the beginning.....eh?

Trouble is, some people don't know HOW to go about finding out where to go, so just telling them to "Go to the Help with your TalkTalk service page" doesn't really tell them anything. It's like someone in a new and unknown town to them, and telling them "Oh, just go down TalkTalk Street until you reach Service Help Road, then follow your nose until you find something that looks like what you're searching for."

They don't know where the streets and roads are in the first place, so they end up going around in circles and feeling totally lost. Stranger in a strange land comes to mind.

It's a good thing for all of us, including the OCE's, that there isn't such a "thing" as "Random Topics"!!! 😄

Conversation Starter

@Patricia55  You have summed up my problem perfectly.

I do have memory problems caused by medication. The Community is supposed to be helpful but if I can't find a way of starting My Topic then the Community has failed me and many others who have trouble with their memory.

A button is not just a button. It can lead wherever you programme it to go.

I know I have to 'start at the beginning' but I would like a route map to help me find where I post my topic.

If the button took me to this page:

Help with your TalkTalk service  (select topic & then press the Start a Topic button)

I would then see the choices I had to make.

The Intro screen with the search box beside the pull down menu is misleading and does not help me to start a topic if the results of the search are not relevant.

It seems that people who post in the community frequently are happy with the status quo. I see the Lounge has many posts, almost as many as Help with your service. I have never been in the Lounge. Many of the members are like me, only visiting the Community when they have a problem that I think others can help me with.

@Figgis wrote:

@Figgis wrote: