cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Add patenal controls to the new WifiHub

Submitted by dakotadevil 16-07-2018 | 10 Comments

Please add parental controls to the new Wifi Hub, very disapointed these are not available as I found them more useful than homesafe at blocked web access at certain times , especially when savvy chicldren can remove the app of their devices by resetting them!

It worked perfectly on the router parental controls and for a little time and effort setting them up it was very useful.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Add patenal controls to the new WifiHub

Please add parental controls to the new Wifi Hub, very disapointed these are not available as I found them more useful than homesafe at blocked web access at certain times , especially when savvy chicldren can remove the app of their devices by resetting them!

It worked perfectly on the router parental controls and for a little time and effort setting them up it was very useful.

What do you think?
10 Comments
Community Team

@dakotadevil I've asked our Products Team and I'll let you know as soon as I receive a response back, thanks.

Wizz Kid

Thank you Michelle

Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

@dakotadevil Our Product Team have confirmed that it is something that we're looking into, however we don't have any specific timescales at the moment.

We would suggest installing the SuperSafe app onto all devices as we've just launched improved parental controls which includes the management of time spent on apps, etc which you can manage from a single webpage.

SuperSafe Boost Overview

Wizz Kid

Hi, Ref my post above - once uninstalled you have no control and a very tech savvy kid has reset his phone a few times!

Ive looked at this the weekend and cannot find how you'd set the 'internet available times' like I used to

Community Team

@dakotadevil Apologies for the confusion, when you say in your last post that you can't find how to do it, are you referring to SuperSafe or the router?

Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle, apologies I mean how I can limit internet access for everyone via Supersafe. I can see it for devices the app is installed on, but if the phones are reset the app is gone and you cannot add the apps to games machines. Thats why I used to use parental controls on the old router.  BTW The new Wifi hub is fantastic and has made a huge difference in speed. The ability to seperate devices on the 2.4 or 5ghz channels has made a massive difference (Im not that tech savvy to undertsand why but it works)!

First Timer

Thanks for sharing this.

Community Team

@dakotadevil Thanks for clarifying. I've passed your feedback over and if anything changes then I'll update your idea to let you know.

Participant

Ha ha pesky kids ya l never beat us lol ha ha I was one many yrs ago 🙂

Visitor

Ref my post above - once uninstalled you have no control and a very tech savvy kid has reset his phone a few times!

Ive looked at this the weekend and cannot find how you'd set the 'internet available times' like I used to kissanime