cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Allow New Customers To Select 'Super Fast Fibre' Contract Then Upgrade To Fibre 150 Without Charge

Submitted by TheGreatA 25-04-2020 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

As of right now, a new customer such as myself who has a contract with another provider expiring next month, can't select a new Fibre 150 contract with you because there is a 2 month installation wait. Furthermore, if we start a 'Super Fast Fibre' contact for the time being, there is a £30 Fee to switch contracts.

However, your 'Super Fast Fibre' doesn’t require an Engineer visit for most people.

Suggestions: For this difficult time, you should allow people to sign up for your Fibre 150 Broadband & book an appointment for when Openreach start installations again, but give them the option to 'Go Live' sooner on a 'Super Fast Fibre' connection until that appointment date becomes available. Charging them for the Fibre 150 connection only from when the Openreach Installation takes place.

I've seen a fair amount of people question this, and it would really give your new potential customers a peace of mind.

Please make it happen, or waiver the Contract Changing fee for all contracts taken out during this Covid-19 Period. So a customer can sign up with you now, then move to the contract that they really want when it is available.

@GondolaKindly sent me here.

Get more ideas related to: Billing Broadband

Allow New Customers To Select 'Super Fast Fibre' Contract Then Upgrade To Fibre 150 Without Charge

As of right now, a new customer such as myself who has a contract with another provider expiring next month, can't select a new Fibre 150 contract with you because there is a 2 month installation wait. Furthermore, if we start a 'Super Fast Fibre' contact for the time being, there is a £30 Fee to switch contracts.

However, your 'Super Fast Fibre' doesn’t require an Engineer visit for most people.

Suggestions: For this difficult time, you should allow people to sign up for your Fibre 150 Broadband & book an appointment for when Openreach start installations again, but give them the option to 'Go Live' sooner on a 'Super Fast Fibre' connection until that appointment date becomes available. Charging them for the Fibre 150 connection only from when the Openreach Installation takes place.

I've seen a fair amount of people question this, and it would really give your new potential customers a peace of mind.

Please make it happen, or waiver the Contract Changing fee for all contracts taken out during this Covid-19 Period. So a customer can sign up with you now, then move to the contract that they really want when it is available.

@GondolaKindly sent me here.

What do you think?
1 Comment
First Timer

*Contract, not 'Contact'