Need help?

Always check the email address.

Submitted by Ken W 07-06-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I received an email from ‘yamamoto@kitagumo’, which was set up to look like it had come from TalkTalk. It said ‘Your bill payment failed' and provided a link to update your payment details. This looks like a scam to me. TalkTalk provide a page to report scam calls but not scam emails. My idea is that TalkTalk should create a page to report scam emails, provides guidance on how to spot a scam, the latest scams being used and most important contacts details so scams can be reported immediately and customers protected. ALWAYS CHECK THE EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU GEYtAN EMAIL THAT ASKS YOU TO UPDATE PAYMENT DETAILS. 

Get more ideas related to: Beat the Scammers

0 Likes

Always check the email address.

I received an email from ‘yamamoto@kitagumo’, which was set up to look like it had come from TalkTalk. It said ‘Your bill payment failed' and provided a link to update your payment details. This looks like a scam to me. TalkTalk provide a page to report scam calls but not scam emails. My idea is that TalkTalk should create a page to report scam emails, provides guidance on how to spot a scam, the latest scams being used and most important contacts details so scams can be reported immediately and customers protected. ALWAYS CHECK THE EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU GEYtAN EMAIL THAT ASKS YOU TO UPDATE PAYMENT DETAILS. 

What do you think?
2 Comments
Wise Owl

It's really easy to let us know about Phishing emails, just forward the email to phishing@talktalk.co.uk our security team

Use search email scam or Phishing emails on community.  I can't paste the link.

I totally agree with you, Ken W.

I spent wasted time on this site, trying to get information  about reporting phishing emails,because I've just received one very similar to yours.It wasn't until I looked at your post that I saw the reply from TalkTalk giving the detail: phishing@talktalk.co.uk

I'm either stupid or it really is impossible to get this information on the main website.

Kenny H