cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Brand change 'I don't Talk to customers'.

Submitted by Tony113 15-05-2020 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I notified TalkTalk early March I was terminating the contract 23 March 20, for which I had a confirmation email. The porting of the BT number was delayed, due to the virus and staffing.

My new provider, who I can contact easily by phone, set up a temporary new telephone number, until the porting of my BT number could be sorted. So my previous BT telephone number has not been in use since 23 March 20.

TalkTalk still insists I am still with them and keep sending me bills. I am unable to speak to anyone on the phone (so TalkTalk needs to find a way of talking to their customers!), even with home working this is possible. The message is on the phone because of the virus it is a reduced service. Surprisingly all other firms I have dealt with at this time of the virus, are easily contactable and can speak to customer services, so why is TalkTalk any different?

You cannot reply to any of the emails sent to you, neither do they provide a customers email address to write to. I eventually found the address of TalkTalk and sent a recorded delivery letter, for which I've received no reply.

I would not recommend TalkTalk to anyone and I am letting as many friends know as possible to warn them. SO get out of your contract as soon as possible my advice.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband Phone

0 Likes

Brand change 'I don't Talk to customers'.

I notified TalkTalk early March I was terminating the contract 23 March 20, for which I had a confirmation email. The porting of the BT number was delayed, due to the virus and staffing.

My new provider, who I can contact easily by phone, set up a temporary new telephone number, until the porting of my BT number could be sorted. So my previous BT telephone number has not been in use since 23 March 20.

TalkTalk still insists I am still with them and keep sending me bills. I am unable to speak to anyone on the phone (so TalkTalk needs to find a way of talking to their customers!), even with home working this is possible. The message is on the phone because of the virus it is a reduced service. Surprisingly all other firms I have dealt with at this time of the virus, are easily contactable and can speak to customer services, so why is TalkTalk any different?

You cannot reply to any of the emails sent to you, neither do they provide a customers email address to write to. I eventually found the address of TalkTalk and sent a recorded delivery letter, for which I've received no reply.

I would not recommend TalkTalk to anyone and I am letting as many friends know as possible to warn them. SO get out of your contract as soon as possible my advice.

What do you think?
4 Comments
Philosopher

Help is on the other side of this site staff are helping 

But work between u and the isp is done all by bt optec.

So all isp have to follow the same rules.

Talktalk do not do thing via email for SECURITY REASONS.

ONLY CEO office has been doing things via email.

Talktalk call lines are for ur type of thing as u are leaving so what are u saying to the call SYSTEM???

C19 has caused all ISP'S problems.

@Tony113 

Visitor

Hi

There is no help, all the telephone customer lines have a recorded message, stating they are only dealing with registered priority customers. I suggest you ring the customer telephone lines and if you actually manage to speak to someone, please let me know the telephone number, as I have tried many times.

TalkTalk do things by email as I've received many, but you can't reply. If they are worried about security, then they should email me my information, The reason they do not have email's is because they would be inundated about there service.

I posted a letter recorded delivery, but not received a reply. I suppose they don't do things by post, but strangely I get plenty of letters in the post demanding money, which I don't owe them.

If they took the time to ring the telephone number, they are charging me for. even though I've left them, they would find that line telephone number has been disconnected. I suppose they don't ring customers, because of security reasons!!

Community Star

@Tony113 I suggest you post in the help section. If TalkTalk had cancelled your account you would have lost your phone number. 

Philosopher

There is help just phone is limited and chat is some times busy.

Please do what we say post in help side if u can't cancel your account via phone ask for Support area to get it sorted out for you some how.