Need help?

Broadband

Submitted by yvonnem 11-11-2020 | 3 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I have been trying to upgrade online to Fast Fibre for several days now, following the "Offers" link from my account.. I keep getting the message "Unfortunately, you cannot make changes to your account right now". I cannot understand why. I have been a TalkTalk customer for many years and, to the best of my recollection, have never missed a payment. The website invites me to call an 0800 number but this is not an option at present as I have an infection and virtually no voice.

I understand that websites can run into problems but this has been going on for several days now which is unacceptable.

Judging from other posts on this forum, it would seem that rumours that TalkTalk have addressed their poor customer service record may be premature.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Broadband

I have been trying to upgrade online to Fast Fibre for several days now, following the "Offers" link from my account.. I keep getting the message "Unfortunately, you cannot make changes to your account right now". I cannot understand why. I have been a TalkTalk customer for many years and, to the best of my recollection, have never missed a payment. The website invites me to call an 0800 number but this is not an option at present as I have an infection and virtually no voice.

I understand that websites can run into problems but this has been going on for several days now which is unacceptable.

Judging from other posts on this forum, it would seem that rumours that TalkTalk have addressed their poor customer service record may be premature.

What do you think?
3 Comments
Community Star

@yvonnem, please post this in a help section. From the yellow Browse tab, choose "help with your Talktalk service".

From there, pick the appropriate message board and click on start a topic. 

Incidentally, it might be far simpler (when you get your voice back!) to just phone LOYALTY on 03451 720046 (wait for preliminary messages to conclude) or use Chat, after 9am. They'll be able to see if there's any good reason for the online problem. They can also tweak the details of the deal, so you don't have to pay for unwanted extras.

Chat is available from links on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Visitor

I want to return items for recycling but I have had a prepaid label. If I send it just using the address that came with the bag, how do they know it's me to action the postage charge refund? I cannot find any details on the website. Would appreciate any help on this. Thanks, Jo

Community Star

@Joanna S, please post in a help topic (as above).

You need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account (as does @yvonnem above).

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Please familiarise yourself with the community guidelines.