cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

CALLSAFE:Don't announce to blocked callers that they have been blocked

Submitted by AdaBee 22-05-2018 | 1 Comment

Has TalkTalk stopped to consider that some customers may want to block a specific number without having the phone proudly announce to the blocked person that they have been blocked?

I'd like Talk Talk to consider the safety of customers who wish to block numbers for reasons such as domestic abuse, stalking, harassment, elder abuse etc. In such cases having the block service be discrete would help to keep your customers safe.

Wouldn't it make sense to have blocked callers hear an endless engaged tone? Announcing a caller is blocked provides them with an explanation as to why they can't get through that they're not entitled to and potentially compromises your customers safety.

I'd like you to consider changing this. 

Get more ideas related to: Beat the scammers

0 Likes

CALLSAFE:Don't announce to blocked callers that they have been blocked

Has TalkTalk stopped to consider that some customers may want to block a specific number without having the phone proudly announce to the blocked person that they have been blocked?

I'd like Talk Talk to consider the safety of customers who wish to block numbers for reasons such as domestic abuse, stalking, harassment, elder abuse etc. In such cases having the block service be discrete would help to keep your customers safe.

Wouldn't it make sense to have blocked callers hear an endless engaged tone? Announcing a caller is blocked provides them with an explanation as to why they can't get through that they're not entitled to and potentially compromises your customers safety.

I'd like you to consider changing this. 

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

@AdaBee Thanks for your suggestion. I've raised this to our Products Team and it's something that we will look into further.