Need help?

Call free hour expiry tone

Submitted by gcotgreave 13-12-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Just been stung a couple of times when calls had crept over the free hour included in land line bundles. (Quite easy to do on a conference call, or with chatty relatives in lock down). It would have been hugely useful if TT played a courtesy tone at 59minutes allowing me to choose to continue or redial or go and get my lunch.....

Whist this is not really in TTs interest, as they are unable to grab extra 18p revenue a minute, it would certainly endear me in terms of customer experience.

It would make sense for this to be an optional feature, so if line was being used for, say recording an interview, the tone could be silenced.

Get more ideas related to: Billing Phone

Call free hour expiry tone

Just been stung a couple of times when calls had crept over the free hour included in land line bundles. (Quite easy to do on a conference call, or with chatty relatives in lock down). It would have been hugely useful if TT played a courtesy tone at 59minutes allowing me to choose to continue or redial or go and get my lunch.....

Whist this is not really in TTs interest, as they are unable to grab extra 18p revenue a minute, it would certainly endear me in terms of customer experience.

It would make sense for this to be an optional feature, so if line was being used for, say recording an interview, the tone could be silenced.

What do you think?
2 Comments
Fluffykins
Visitor

Perfect, especially for the elderly or otherwise disadvantaged, for whom a phone is a lifeline. Witholding that kind of support just to make an easy buck us almost criminal.

hosay299
Philosopher

@gcotgreave good idea but talktalk does not own tall of the kit the exchanges are done via bt optec also why not have a countdown clock next to the phone 

and can not see them doing it as they say hang up before 60mins and redial so they are covering them self's that way

and most things will be done over internet in years to come