cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

CallSafe: Ability to Enable Blocking, But Disable Screening

Submitted by cnwheeler 06-09-2019 | 4 Comments

I use BT Call Guardian on my home phone, which I use to send unknown numbers to my answerphone.

However, there are limits to the quantity of numbers I can block with Call Guardian, so would like to use TalkTalk's blocked number list and add to that my own blocked numbers and area codes.

What stops me using this is CallSafe's screening of unknown numbers.  I would like to be able to disable that, and still using CallSafe's Allowed and Blocked numbers and area codes.

In short, I would like to be able to enable CallSafe, but turn off the screening in CallSafe and have all those numbers pass through to my home phone, which I can then handle as I wish.

Get more ideas related to: Phone

0 Likes

CallSafe: Ability to Enable Blocking, But Disable Screening

I use BT Call Guardian on my home phone, which I use to send unknown numbers to my answerphone.

However, there are limits to the quantity of numbers I can block with Call Guardian, so would like to use TalkTalk's blocked number list and add to that my own blocked numbers and area codes.

What stops me using this is CallSafe's screening of unknown numbers.  I would like to be able to disable that, and still using CallSafe's Allowed and Blocked numbers and area codes.

In short, I would like to be able to enable CallSafe, but turn off the screening in CallSafe and have all those numbers pass through to my home phone, which I can then handle as I wish.

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

@cnwheeler Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately CallSafe doesn't have the functionality to deactivate certain features in order to do this and this isn't something that we're looking to implement. Thanks

Insightful One

@cnwheeler the way talktalk do it is like the bt phone we have that does the same type thing but u will find that what u have is good and may be better as talk talks call safe only started over a year or so a go so is quite new

Participant

In short, what I am trying to do is increase the size of my block list as it is limited within the BT phone and I have run out of area codes to block, and have the additional feature of having TalkTalk's own blocked numbers being added to that block list as others report those numbers.

Insightful One

can u not just work with one as if u have both on they will not work togethere as when tt turned on the new thing they did not send a note to say i am testing it when 1st came to live so only found out when people tried to call us from other numbers