Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?
  1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

I'm fairly certain that in the old days posts within a thread used to be numbered, so that if you were in a long thread and wanted to reference an earlier post you could do that by number (#4, #10 etc).

Any chance that that facility could be reintroduced ?

Many threads on the forums are multi page, so saying "see my earlier post" is not always that helpful, but "see post #n" would provide clarity.

(Unless it is still there and I'm just not seeing it).

Get more ideas related to: Community

Community Posts.

I'm fairly certain that in the old days posts within a thread used to be numbered, so that if you were in a long thread and wanted to reference an earlier post you could do that by number (#4, #10 etc).

Any chance that that facility could be reintroduced ?

Many threads on the forums are multi page, so saying "see my earlier post" is not always that helpful, but "see post #n" would provide clarity.

(Unless it is still there and I'm just not seeing it).

What do you think?
5 Comments
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

@Anonymous Thanks for your suggestion. I've passed your feedback on and I'll let you know once I have more information.

OCE_Michelle
Status changed to: Accepted

@Anonymous Your idea has been accepted and it is something that we're currently looking into, however I don't have a specific timescale at the moment. Once I have more info then I'll keep you updated.

OCE_Michelle

@Anonymous - Update - We're hoping to have this feature implemented by the end of the Summer. I'll post back once this has been completed.

OCE_Michelle
Status changed to: Delivered

@Anonymous We've now added numbered threads back into the Community, thanks again for the suggestion 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, great - I noticed that this morning and actually used it almost immediately.

I reference post number 924 in a thread - which would have been challenging for anyone to find without the numeric reference.