Need help?

Contract cancel or renewal suggestion

Submitted by davep 07-06-2020 | 3 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Having read numerous posts from people wishing for one reason or another to cancel or renew their broadband with TalkTalk and having great difficulty getting through (either real or imagined), wouldn't it be a good idea to allow the OCE's to give these poor folks their cancellation / renewal?

I know the reason for not allowing this, but the current situation would more than justify allowing it.

It would unfortunately mean a reduced service for problem solving, but it takes OCE time answering numerous cancellation queries and I'm sure they could handle it in a much more efficient way than waiting on a phone for hours then getting cut off etc etc.  Plus leavers would then be assured their request has been carried out.

TT is an internet provider / company so they should really make it more simple to contact them by email or online.  I know there are Twitter and Facebook sites though not everyone subscribes to these.

Get more ideas related to: Billing

0 Likes

Contract cancel or renewal suggestion

Having read numerous posts from people wishing for one reason or another to cancel or renew their broadband with TalkTalk and having great difficulty getting through (either real or imagined), wouldn't it be a good idea to allow the OCE's to give these poor folks their cancellation / renewal?

I know the reason for not allowing this, but the current situation would more than justify allowing it.

It would unfortunately mean a reduced service for problem solving, but it takes OCE time answering numerous cancellation queries and I'm sure they could handle it in a much more efficient way than waiting on a phone for hours then getting cut off etc etc.  Plus leavers would then be assured their request has been carried out.

TT is an internet provider / company so they should really make it more simple to contact them by email or online.  I know there are Twitter and Facebook sites though not everyone subscribes to these.

What do you think?
3 Comments
Community Star

In the early stages of the pandemic when staffing levels were massively reduced the OCE were helping with cancellations where possible. They have now deferred back to the helplines as staffing levels have improved. They have never been able to deal with renewals and I cannot imagine any circumstances in which they would. 

Wise Owl

whilst I hadn't seen what was happening in early days of pandemic, there are still people on the forum today having problems getting through.  Anyone who has used this site (and I would add  "in a reasonable manner") knows it is the favoured way to get things done.  I dare say OCE's aren't trying to retain customers which will happen if one gets through the phone line.

Community Star

There are, but there are many who have also expressed surprise as they have managed without difficulty, myself included. I honestly cannot see how you could deal with renewals on an open forum. And even if you could it would probably overwhelm the small team here whose primary focus is to deal with problems solving. I think when Live chat are able to handle this again it will cover most concerns, I have seen one or two posters already mention that they have managed this way, but I am loathe to suggest that is now a normal route.