cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware for the Super Routers?

Submitted by an1sa_k 29-03-2018 | 18 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware of the Super Routers (HG633 & D-Link 3782). This would make it easier to know whether we have the latest firmware and any problems associated with that firmware, instead of searching the forums, which don't really state anything.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware for the Super Routers?

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware of the Super Routers (HG633 & D-Link 3782). This would make it easier to know whether we have the latest firmware and any problems associated with that firmware, instead of searching the forums, which don't really state anything.

What do you think?
18 Comments
Participant

Aren't all the routers of the same type upgraded at the same time by pushing the changes out from Talktalk overnight? What reason would there be for not having the same software build as everyone else?

Wizz Kid

ViewMeister 

When looking at posts in TalkTalk Community, it seems that most routers aren't updated automatically, and many request this to happen from the forum. 

It would be just nice to have a page the states problems known for that firmware for both routers provided by TalkTalk, so that their customers know whether they have the latest firmware or not, and whether to ask for an update to their firmware on their routers, as well as knowing any issues that might develop because of issues on that firmware.

Thanks

Participant

OK 🙂 Saying " it seems that most routers aren't updated automatically" points at is a problem with the firmware rollout that needs to be understood and fixed. Perhaps Talktalk could comment on whether this is a known PROBLEM rather than an issue and if it is under investigation? Indeed is there somewhere that the users can view known problems and how many issues are linked to these problems?

Anisa as a user you shouldn't have to worry about whether you have the correct firmware. All you should be concerned about is that having paid your money then you're receiving the service in exchange for your hard earned cash.

As a workaround having the user check firmware versions and take action is one that shouldn't be necessary. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that the router has a "check for firmware upgrades" link on its admin screens and if if does to queue an overnight or immediate upgrade. Perhaps someone more au fait with this router can say? (I'm still waiting for mine to arrive 🙂 )

Cheers

ViewMeister

Community Star

With over a million HG633 routers to update the remote management (TR069) update is done in batches. Routers on default settings will communicate with the update server every 24 hours to see if any updates are ready for download. There used to be a Help page listing current firmwares. It wasn't used much indicating that most customers are good with the automatic update policy. 

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

@an1sa_k Thanks for the suggestion. I've passed your idea on and it's something that we're looking into.

Team Player

+1

Please bring the firmware page back. For peace of mind it is good to know you are running the latest stable version

Thanks

Community Team

@ianr_tt This is something that we are looking into but we have no timescales at the moment.

Thanks

Community Team

@an1sa_k Hi, just a quick message to let you know that we're still looking into creating this and that your idea has not been forgotten 🙂

Wizz Kid

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Popular Poster

Is a very long time 20/07/18 since TT updated their progress on this useful suggestion. I have spent much of this afternoon online with TT support who are unable to update my D-Link-DSL-3782 (on fibre) which a TT test says 'needs' an update. I can't find out anywhere what latest firmware version is supposed to be, and support can't or won't tell me either.