cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware for the Super Routers?

Submitted by an1sa_k 29-03-2018 | 18 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware of the Super Routers (HG633 & D-Link 3782). This would make it easier to know whether we have the latest firmware and any problems associated with that firmware, instead of searching the forums, which don't really state anything.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware for the Super Routers?

Could there be a page that states the latest firmware of the Super Routers (HG633 & D-Link 3782). This would make it easier to know whether we have the latest firmware and any problems associated with that firmware, instead of searching the forums, which don't really state anything.

What do you think?
18 Comments
Community Team

@Lightkeeper I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create a new thread in the broadband section and we can check this for you. Thanks

Team Player

I was just about to start a thread asking why customers have to ask for their firmware to be updated rather than it being something a sensible provider would do automatically to ensure their customers are getting the best - and MOST SECURE -service, which should be the top of their agenda surely?

Not all internet users even know to ask, I didn't until a problem with my last router meant I took a good look around the settings, where there was a button for 'firmware update'  but it said to contact the provider and not press update yourself. 

I assumed that is because the firmware is being updated automatically by the provider, but it's obviously not the case.

Wouldn't that be a standard thing to do, especially for a provider with previous hacking/security issues?

Popular Poster

You would think so however mine was not being automatically updated and TT support tried and couldn't update it. Unable to provide a file to download though they could tell me everything else about the router.

TT should make router firmware easily available with list of updates. If not, WHY not?

And/or they could list the connection settings for a third party router. I have a new one I can't use yet as everything online that searches and tech support points me to is about adsl, no fibre settings. Again if not, WHY not

My contract is up last week so could be time to walk. Have been with TT since their beginning, persevered through all their problems and hackers too.

Their latest email 'upgrade' is very poor, now much spam getting through with each needing to be user blocked. Other isp's can do this better so WHY not you TT?

Community Team

@Lightkeeper  I'm sorry to hear this. We've updated our Help Article this week for setting up a non TalkTalk router on Fibre. I'll also contact our Products Team in regards to the firmware help article. Thanks

Popular Poster

That should be very helpful. Would you kindly post the page links here please. Thank you.

Community Star
Popular Poster

Thank you. Will try a new fibre router asap.

Chatterbox

Not only for these routers but also for the Sagemcom F@st5364 WiFi hub, plus all the other routers supplied by TalkTalk??