cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Customer Service

Submitted by Mervyn65 08-02-2020 | 3 Comments

One of the things that really infuriate customers with regards to Talk Talk is the very poor customer service when you ring with a problem. Firstly you encounter an automated set up that asks you numerous questions regarding your identity and the nature of your call, and then proceeds to try and direct you to the website to get your problem answered. Once you have convinced the machine that you do want to speak to somebody you are put in a queue waiting for someone to answer your call. When the call is answered you are then asked the same questions you have already given before you start discussing your problem. Bearing in mind this is likely to be one of many calls the customer has made regarding the same issue that has either not been resolved or resolved and then has become a problem again, the Talk Talk employee does not appear to have a record of these issues so you start the process all over again. Surely it is very easy to gave a record of all customers issues so that they can be revisited whenever a customer phones. Your customer service is by far the worst of any company that I deal with and gets to the point of total frustration.  Please please improve things. 

Get more ideas related to: Other

Customer Service

One of the things that really infuriate customers with regards to Talk Talk is the very poor customer service when you ring with a problem. Firstly you encounter an automated set up that asks you numerous questions regarding your identity and the nature of your call, and then proceeds to try and direct you to the website to get your problem answered. Once you have convinced the machine that you do want to speak to somebody you are put in a queue waiting for someone to answer your call. When the call is answered you are then asked the same questions you have already given before you start discussing your problem. Bearing in mind this is likely to be one of many calls the customer has made regarding the same issue that has either not been resolved or resolved and then has become a problem again, the Talk Talk employee does not appear to have a record of these issues so you start the process all over again. Surely it is very easy to gave a record of all customers issues so that they can be revisited whenever a customer phones. Your customer service is by far the worst of any company that I deal with and gets to the point of total frustration.  Please please improve things. 

What do you think?
3 Comments
First Timer

Whilst appreciating the current difficulties building on the points made by Mervyn65 I recently had a problem with my router which had just been delivered for me to swap from BT to TALKTALK after numerous attempts to get hold of customer service. After going through the answer phone questions as described above. I could not get hold of a person and was told to use online page (Ughh can't get online) and the line had been temporarily disconnected. I eventually got a person by telephoning the sales team who were totally uninterested in my problem, and could not transfer me to a customer service department (one of the people that I spoke to on the sales team was downright rude (she would not give her full name). 

This situation begs the question why is a sales team manned without a service department, how do they obtain a date for an engineer to make installations etc.

I have had to use a friends (Virgin) broadband to run my business until I could get a data stick. When lockdown is relaxed and I can get (if ever) onto customer services I will expect a very rapid response or do as the saleswoman suggested and go back to BT.  

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi Mervyn65,

We are always looking at ways to improve customer experience so thanks for you comments 

Chris

Conversation Starter

Chris

i am pleased that you liked my comments regarding improving customer service, unfortunately, I think this is all Talk Talk have done as the customer service experience is still really really poor and I can't see that any of the suggestions have been implemented. Apart from the perception that you are wanting to improve things when you ask for ideas and it satisfies a tick box or someone's annual appraisal,  unless some of the ideas are implemented it is a waste of energy on both your part and us the customer. I am sure you must analyse complaints and these must highlight how poor your customer service experience is, we as customers know this from our own experiences and by just looking through the forum complaints so why do Talk Talk not take notice. It is baffling

Mervyn