Need help?

Customer Service

Submitted by frankat 26-12-2020 | 9 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Basically, would it be possible for TalkTalk to set up such a department to actually help customers ?
I am a new customer (since December 2nd) and so far have been totally underwhelmed by the TalkTalk experience. So much so I am considering cancelling my account.

I waited the 2 weeks for the line to "settle down" and have had nothing but constant low speed and disconnects since. The service is unusable.

I have contacted your alleged customer support, initially just getting through to an automated responder who told me the line had been checked and found no problems. After calling back I eventually got through to an operator who said they would check the line and call me back in 20 minutes. No call back - my phone did manage one ring, was answered immediately and no one there...... that is NOT a call back.
I have contacted you again via the chat option and been told it is a line problem that needs an Openreach person to sort out in 2-3 working days. That is all well and good but what is 2-3 working days ?
Does this mean i have no service until Wednesday/Thursday next week or will it be looked at by Monday ?
I, like many others, have everyday of the week as a working day why do you not ? After all it is a 7 day service for which we pay.
Like many others in the service industries, my company only get Christmas day off and have to work the rest - why have you closed down all your offices for a long weekend on probably one of the busiest weekends you are likely to see?
Your site says chat advisers are available but they are not.
You also appear to be relying on the good will of other customers to solve issues via the forums, well GiffGaff use this and it is not very successful - with the best will in the world, customers cannot fix what you SHOULD be doing.

All in all, TalkTalk is not showing itself to be a professional company.

Get more ideas related to: Other

0 Likes

Customer Service

Basically, would it be possible for TalkTalk to set up such a department to actually help customers ?
I am a new customer (since December 2nd) and so far have been totally underwhelmed by the TalkTalk experience. So much so I am considering cancelling my account.

I waited the 2 weeks for the line to "settle down" and have had nothing but constant low speed and disconnects since. The service is unusable.

I have contacted your alleged customer support, initially just getting through to an automated responder who told me the line had been checked and found no problems. After calling back I eventually got through to an operator who said they would check the line and call me back in 20 minutes. No call back - my phone did manage one ring, was answered immediately and no one there...... that is NOT a call back.
I have contacted you again via the chat option and been told it is a line problem that needs an Openreach person to sort out in 2-3 working days. That is all well and good but what is 2-3 working days ?
Does this mean i have no service until Wednesday/Thursday next week or will it be looked at by Monday ?
I, like many others, have everyday of the week as a working day why do you not ? After all it is a 7 day service for which we pay.
Like many others in the service industries, my company only get Christmas day off and have to work the rest - why have you closed down all your offices for a long weekend on probably one of the busiest weekends you are likely to see?
Your site says chat advisers are available but they are not.
You also appear to be relying on the good will of other customers to solve issues via the forums, well GiffGaff use this and it is not very successful - with the best will in the world, customers cannot fix what you SHOULD be doing.

All in all, TalkTalk is not showing itself to be a professional company.

What do you think?
9 Comments
ferguson
Community Star

TalkTalk offer 365 day a year support via Live chat, including on Christmas Day. When an issue has been identified as one which requires Openreach attention then it really is beyond their control, other than to monitor and advise on progress. I think the concept of "working days" is generally well understood. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@frankat, staff never normally work weekends on the forum. 

Chat is open: check hours of availability for both Chat and 03451 720046 here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Each company sets its own holiday and working arrangements for staff, so it is impossible to generalise......but, yes, working days is purely Monday to Friday and does not include Bank Holidays. 

frankat
Sightseer

I have tried using the live chat option both yesterday and today. Both times it says no one is available.
Yes the concept of "working days" used to be understood but we have long since moved on as a society to include weekends and "normal" working days. TalkTalk is a 7 day paid for service so should offer 7 day cover. As a new customer I am unaware they do not work weekends which seems rather odd to me.
I still require an answer from TalkTalk as to if my service will be unavailable until Monday or Thursday, not a lot to ask of them really is it ?

ferguson
Community Star

Live chat was available yesterday and is again today. I have checked myself personally and yes it does show as busy at times, but on each occasion after a few minutes waiting and a couple of page refreshes I have been able top get through. So it is simply not true to say that no support is available. If you expect an instant response on any occasion then you are being completely unrealistic. 

ferguson
Community Star

I have just checked again and literally got through in a matter of seconds. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Even if staff were available on the forum they would not be able to identify your account, @frankat.

You need to take time to read the community guidelines. For any issue that needs help from staff, go via the yellow browse button; choose the appropriate help board from the options in Help with Your Talktalk Service and click on start a topic. 

I strongly recommend that you do this  - staff reply from oldest to newest posts, working through the queue, and there will be a backlog now from Wednesday evening onwards.

To speed things up you need to complete your Community Forum Profile Details. This will enable them to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

I would do all this straight away, so that if you can't contact Talktalk more directly through Chat, at least your thread will be moving forward in the workflow. 

frankat
Sightseer

yes ferguson thank you, now got through to chat and no help really they seem confused as to how they are supplying my connection .... 🙄 but apparently will be done on Monday ( sooner than the generally understood 2-3working days 😏 )

Gliwmaeden I am not trying to be disingenuous  but I do not need to take time to read the guidelines again, this post is in a suggestion "your ideas" section, not a request for forum help. Please read the post and see where I request forum staff help. This is why I dislike forum based "help" you are just copy/pasting from your standard go to reply to increase your apparent helpfulness score, thank you for your time but you are not helping.
I do not need to complete forum profile details, it has already been done

ferguson
Community Star

And my response to your suggestion/idea was that it is otiose as TalkTalk already offer year round support. The fact that this is limited at certain times of year such as Christmas seems to be beyond you.  

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@frankat, no I don't copy and paste.

Sorry, I thought you were looking for help.