Need help?

Customer Support 2

Submitted by SirGraham 29-10-2020 | 6 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Problem with line. Got renewal of contract and as usual the line speed drops significantly to make you go to fibre broadband with its extra cost.

Leave a month. Drops even further, so much so cant hardly even send an email.

DO a speed test - where the hell is it hiding now?

Cant access account, its down , AGAIN.

Cant chat - service is down again.

Do a service satus. No real answer but a huge message to upgrade to fibre !!!

How about a refund ??

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Customer Support 2

Problem with line. Got renewal of contract and as usual the line speed drops significantly to make you go to fibre broadband with its extra cost.

Leave a month. Drops even further, so much so cant hardly even send an email.

DO a speed test - where the hell is it hiding now?

Cant access account, its down , AGAIN.

Cant chat - service is down again.

Do a service satus. No real answer but a huge message to upgrade to fibre !!!

How about a refund ??

What do you think?
6 Comments
First Timer

My speed increased with the faster fibre - but I've had a huge problem sorting out an extra £12 p/m which TalkTalk added to my account for 'anytime calls' - even though this had been part of a perk they gave last time for 'loyalty'. After promising (on the phone) to remove it and refund me, I get a bill the next month with the £12 added again. The stress of having to deal on the phone with TalkTalk is enormous. I am going to get advice on whether this is a breaking of the contract from their side so that I can find a new broadband provider without any penalties.  

Community Star

@AndyRipon Call Boosts can be added and removed on a monthly basis so do not form part of your contract. If you want support on this start a topic in the Account & Billing section. 

First Timer

Hi Ferguson - Yes, I've discovered that Call Boosts can be added or closed by the customer - the problem with mine was that I originally had been give the boost last time I renewed with them for loyalty. So when I renewed again in August I had assumed I was getting a similar package. But on the email confirming the contract (at £23.50) they did not say anything about the Call Boost - but then just left it on and started to charge me for it. A common courtesy would have been to notify me first that they were taking away what had been previously granted for loyalty, and then asked if I wished to retain it at £12 p/m. It was that action that makes me feel they acted in bad faith and makes me now want to find another provider. 

Community Star

@AndyRipon Hardly "bad faith" you clearly did not take care to check the detail, a common error, but you do have to take personal responsibility as well. Good luck with finding a provider that acts in a proactive way and offers you a better contract each time. Any further points please do start your own topic as suggested earlier. This is an Ideas board, not a general discussion, or support area.

First Timer

The 'details' are not always easy to spot online - especially for those of us nearly 70. I don't expect a better contract each time  - but it is nice if one was allowed to keep what one had the previous time. And yes, this is not a general discussion thread, but as I found it difficult to get hold of them I thought this forum may provide a small doorway to such discussion. The idea I'm putting forward is 'Wouldn't it be a great idea if TalkTalk made it clear to customers who renew a contract if there are any changes involved?' No need to reply to this post as it seems I'm stuck with TalkTalk for another 13 months. Kind regards.

Community Star

TalkTalk absolutely have to make it clear any changes in a new contract. If you believe they have not then either start your own topic, or raise a formal complaint.