Need help?

Deplorable Customer Service!

Submitted by Richard Oswin 25-04-2020 | 9 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

It is of little use when your CEO, Tristia Harrison, spends time sending out emails to your "valued customers", when it is abundantly clear that offering a minimum level of service to them is not a priority.

I fully accept that these are unforeseen and difficult times, and that you have a duty of care to your staff, but you also have a duty of service to your customers and it would appear that, without any hesitation, you have 'pulled the plug' on your customers in this respect.

I, like so many of your customers (have a look at the relevant blogs and online comment!) have spent long periods trying to contact anyone at your company to deal with all types of problems, some of them urgent, with absolutely no success.  This at a time when communication by phone and via the internet is vital to so many people.

It would appear that you have totally closed down your telephone helpline which currently only contains endless messages and button pressing choices and leads customers into continual loops and dead-ends, finally to be cut off!  You recommend that customers use the alternative 'Live Chat' service which, it appears, you have also closed down or it has stopped working!

Since the onset of the Coronavirus epidemic, I have needed to contact many companies and organisations and, although some have been slow to answer and apologised for their faltering service, I have not come across a single one with such a deplorable level of service as is currently the case with TalkTalk.  And this with a company whose business is communication!

I believe your company should be ashamed of the current service (or lack of it!) offered to your customers and look seriously and quickly at what you can do to remedy the situation.  If you cannot do this in-house, then I suggest you need to look at what the majority of other businesses and organisations are doing and follow their lead.

Come on TalkTalk, get your act together!!

Get more ideas related to: Other

Deplorable Customer Service!

It is of little use when your CEO, Tristia Harrison, spends time sending out emails to your "valued customers", when it is abundantly clear that offering a minimum level of service to them is not a priority.

I fully accept that these are unforeseen and difficult times, and that you have a duty of care to your staff, but you also have a duty of service to your customers and it would appear that, without any hesitation, you have 'pulled the plug' on your customers in this respect.

I, like so many of your customers (have a look at the relevant blogs and online comment!) have spent long periods trying to contact anyone at your company to deal with all types of problems, some of them urgent, with absolutely no success.  This at a time when communication by phone and via the internet is vital to so many people.

It would appear that you have totally closed down your telephone helpline which currently only contains endless messages and button pressing choices and leads customers into continual loops and dead-ends, finally to be cut off!  You recommend that customers use the alternative 'Live Chat' service which, it appears, you have also closed down or it has stopped working!

Since the onset of the Coronavirus epidemic, I have needed to contact many companies and organisations and, although some have been slow to answer and apologised for their faltering service, I have not come across a single one with such a deplorable level of service as is currently the case with TalkTalk.  And this with a company whose business is communication!

I believe your company should be ashamed of the current service (or lack of it!) offered to your customers and look seriously and quickly at what you can do to remedy the situation.  If you cannot do this in-house, then I suggest you need to look at what the majority of other businesses and organisations are doing and follow their lead.

Come on TalkTalk, get your act together!!

What do you think?
9 Comments
Conversation Starter

hi @Richard Oswin 

i hear you. i've posted extensively in the past few days about my experience. after getting nowhere with chat/phone, i decided the only thing i could do was lodge a complaint via the official process, but the auto response to my email suggested there wasn't even a skeleton staff processing complaints! it merely advised me to take my query to the general chat. i appreciate we're in difficult times, but that's really poor. at least i've a record of lodging a complaint, which i can follow up at some point. good luck!

First Timer

Hi @Richard Oswin  @brotherdeluxe   I hear you. I joined in January and am bitterly disappointed with the customer service. I still have issues with the broadband service. I can’t tell you how long I’ve been holding on a phone or not received a call back. I emailed a complaint in March still NO RESPONSE. I have now received a bill from my previous supplier because Talk Talk hasn’t contacted them to take over my previous number. I have no idea what my TT no is as that wasn’t the deal. So in effect I am paying for two services. Have put this on the chat, no response. 😬😬😬

I registered with this very chat service so I could voice the very same concerns. If I do not receive a response from talk talk I plan to cancel further payments as they have not fullfiled their contractual obligations.

First Timer

Richard, you are so right, the customer service and support are worse than crap.

I've been trying to get them to sort out the ethernet output on my roster since July last year.

Pointless phone calls and online chats.

now having to cancel 24th month contract and deal with fall out.

First Timer

Customer service and general service are sooo poor. My broadband is regularly out of action and once again I find no access to the Internet which my wife needs to do her NHS job! Still no access to customer service that can remedy the problem and seemingly no way to access any support. Since joining Talktalk in Dec I would estimate that I've had to ring every 3 weeks to resolve broadband issues. General response is turn your router on and off which rarely wodks. To be fair I could generally get resolution quickly before lockdown, but as I said once again no Internet access. Rediculously poor!! 

Visitor

Our landline has been down for two weeks now (crackling, no dial tone), although weirdly, our broadband has worked perfectly! I've tried (as all of the complainants have) to contact talktalk without success. I've also joined 'twitter' and have found a never-ending list of complaints concerning their customer support, detailing similar list of service issues

I have been a talktalk customer almost from the day they started trading, but will now be looking for another broadband supplier.

I guess I won't be the only one taking this action! 

First Timer

@stevra I really don’t blame you. I came back to them after 8 years assuming the customer service had improved. It hasn’t. I am still being billed by my previous supplier because TALK TALK haven’t contacted them regarding my number (Since January 9th 2020 I might add!). I have, and they can’t do anything until TALK TALK talk to them (pardon the ironic pun). I keep being asked for my TALK TALK tel no I have no idea what it is because that wasn’t part of the deal! Even before the situation worldwide their customer service left a lot to be desired. I even wrote a letter of complaint in February, guess what... no response. Surprise surprise. Excuse the sarcasm but I’m beyond fed up now and have a £130 bill from my previous supplier and still paying TALK TALK!!

First Timer

@Richard Oswin @stevra @Andrew Drakeford @Rubyslaw @Yeomanz 

Do they even read these posts!? 😬

Community Star

@BSW14  

This section of the forum is simply for ideas / general comments.

You need to go to the "Help with your Talktalk service" area and choose the most relevant board to post on. Then start a new topic.

Never add to a customer's thread on there unless you have constructive help to offer - the workflow software pushes threads forward, and extra posts delay the thread reaching staff.

Concerning your phone number, you will find it detailed in My Account. No TT contract comes without a landline, and that landline has a phone number attached to it regardless of whether you want to use it.

If you need help from TT staff, they will need to identify your account. Complete your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; save any changes.