cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Device specific control of internet access via router

Submitted by HBakr 05-01-2020 | 3 Comments

With children having access to smart devices all around, and TT being a market leader in trying to provide safer service for our children, would it be possible to allow device specific control features from the router (Turn access on/off, timer function...etc). It will even be much better if these functions could be remotely controlled from the mobile app. Thanks

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Device specific control of internet access via router

With children having access to smart devices all around, and TT being a market leader in trying to provide safer service for our children, would it be possible to allow device specific control features from the router (Turn access on/off, timer function...etc). It will even be much better if these functions could be remotely controlled from the mobile app. Thanks

What do you think?
3 Comments
Philosopher

Hi there is some ways u can do this i think just depends on how u want to work it but will not full work from a app yet but do not think tt will go down that route as the app would need other users not just one person controlling it 

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi HBakr,

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't think there are any plans to do this at the moment but it may be something that we look at in future

Chris

Sightseer

@OCE_Chris 

It is really very frustrating...am sure I am not the only one with a similar problem. I have seen so many similar suggestions. Time limits/timer count down and bandwidth limitations for device specific wifi access is a very important feature. In fact, I think I have already suggested this to regulatory authorities to see if they can perhaps consider making it an obligation on all ISPs to include similar functions in their routers...not necessarily to be controlled from the app but at least it is available.