Need help?

Disable WiFi channel optimization

Submitted by Birchcroft 18-05-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Given the number of problems you seem to be having relating to WiFi channel optimization.  Where customers are unable to set the WiFi channel on some routers in order to avoid congestion, without it being automatically switched back to Channel 1.  It might be worth disabling channel optimization by default.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Disable WiFi channel optimization

Given the number of problems you seem to be having relating to WiFi channel optimization.  Where customers are unable to set the WiFi channel on some routers in order to avoid congestion, without it being automatically switched back to Channel 1.  It might be worth disabling channel optimization by default.

What do you think?
2 Comments
Philosopher

@Birchcroft talktalk might have there reason for the way they set the router up and send them out som others have asked the same before on here

if u want to see if they can do it for u please post a topic in one of the broadband side on help side and the staff will reply

as they are not keeping a eye on here due to the high workflow on the help site

Insightful One

@hosay299 I'm sure TalkTalk have their reasons, I merely suggested it as a means of reducing the work on the support side as quiet a few people seem to have problems relating to WiFi optimization.

As for myself it's not a problem as I use a third party router in order to get functionality that ISP routers, with the exception is ZEN, do not offer.