cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Don't imply your older customers are not relevant.....

Submitted by aolmum 17-09-2019 | 6 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

...thought this latest offering from Talk Talk graphics (see bottom right corner of screenshot) is uncalled for and should be removed :

Screenshot_2019-09-17-09-42-10.png

Get more ideas related to: Community Other

Don't imply your older customers are not relevant.....

...thought this latest offering from Talk Talk graphics (see bottom right corner of screenshot) is uncalled for and should be removed :

Screenshot_2019-09-17-09-42-10.png

What do you think?
6 Comments
Community Star

Quite right. Potentially 'ageist'. The purpose is to flag up possibly out of date topics so users don't post replies on out of date threads expecting an answer. Perhaps the pop-up person should say "This topic doesn't look to be current? I'd suggest starting a new topic to get new replies"...

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

@aolmum Apologies, it was not our intention to cause offence and I've passed your feedback on so that this can be re-worded differently. Thanks

Wizz Kid

Thanks, @OCE_Michelle .

Whilst I realise it was an attempt at humour, it was poorly thought through. I happened on it by chance, just as I was about to head out to visit a lovely group of older people that most certainly are still 'relevant', hence why it irked.

Hopefully it is changed before any of Talk Talk's older customers see it and feel it is a slur on them.

Community Star

Blimey, that is crass isn't it? And can I also point out that not all old men with grey hair and glasses are bald? Thank you.  🙂

Participant

I agree. It seems anything old like my homecall address is also viewed as irrelevant by Talktalk! I've been having problems sending emails to some addresses since June despite numerous threads from me and others on the community site. This old recurring problem is obviously also irrelevant which is why all the posts have now stopped..... !!! 

Wizz Kid

Wow, somebody should pass this on to AgeUK lol

Not all old codgers like me are totally redundant.