cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Don't include account balance figures in insecure emails from TalkTalk to me!

Submitted by Saiph | 1 Comment

Hi.

I am somewhat irritated that whenever TalkTalk sends me an email notification of my latest bill (either "Your latest TalkTalk bill has arrived" or "Your online bill"), the company includes the figure for my current account balance in the email!

As you should realise, open emails are easily intercepted, and almost anyone on the planet could be reading my billing information, including my account balance! This is a ridicuolous breach of security and of my private information.

WHY does TalkTalk send out insecure emails like this containing sensitive financial information? How soon can you change your email billing system to STOP exposing your customers private financial information to fraudsters?

Get more ideas related to: Billing Email

Don't include account balance figures in insecure emails from TalkTalk to me!

Hi.

I am somewhat irritated that whenever TalkTalk sends me an email notification of my latest bill (either "Your latest TalkTalk bill has arrived" or "Your online bill"), the company includes the figure for my current account balance in the email!

As you should realise, open emails are easily intercepted, and almost anyone on the planet could be reading my billing information, including my account balance! This is a ridicuolous breach of security and of my private information.

WHY does TalkTalk send out insecure emails like this containing sensitive financial information? How soon can you change your email billing system to STOP exposing your customers private financial information to fraudsters?

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Team
Status changed to: Unable to Deliver

@Saiph I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've looked into this and have had it confirmed that there is no security issue with the account balance being displayed on ebill notifications. Thanks