Need help?

Enable Band Steering and Airtime Fairness for all customers

Submitted by an1sa_k 30-04-2019 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

Recently, I was having problems with WiFi connectivity. I switched on Band Steering and Airtime Fairness (I have a HG633 router), and these problems seem to have disappeared. No more disconnections and wireless connectivity seems to have improved. 

Why don't TalkTalk switch on these settings automatically on all routers? Could this be implemented with a firmware update?

A customer could always switch them off if they want through the routers settings.

This is just a suggestion. Let me know what you think. I know everyone's circumstances and environments are different. What worked for me, may not work for someone else. 

Get more ideas related to: Broadband Other

Enable Band Steering and Airtime Fairness for all customers

Recently, I was having problems with WiFi connectivity. I switched on Band Steering and Airtime Fairness (I have a HG633 router), and these problems seem to have disappeared. No more disconnections and wireless connectivity seems to have improved. 

Why don't TalkTalk switch on these settings automatically on all routers? Could this be implemented with a firmware update?

A customer could always switch them off if they want through the routers settings.

This is just a suggestion. Let me know what you think. I know everyone's circumstances and environments are different. What worked for me, may not work for someone else. 

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

@an1sa_k  Thanks for the suggestion and I've passed your feedback on to our Products Team.

Thanks