Need help?

Enable RF loop at all times.

Submitted by fr8ys 10-07-2017 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I've just installed an update on one of my boxes whilst watching the other and also had a recording on the other box

I lost the TV signal whilst the box updated and rebooted, and not for the first time. This will mean a gap in the recording and was also annoying to miss a portion  of the programme I was watching. 

Why does RF loop through have to be activated and why is it deactivated during reboots?

I suggest it should just pass the signal through at all times. 

Get more ideas related to: TV

Enable RF loop at all times.

I've just installed an update on one of my boxes whilst watching the other and also had a recording on the other box

I lost the TV signal whilst the box updated and rebooted, and not for the first time. This will mean a gap in the recording and was also annoying to miss a portion  of the programme I was watching. 

Why does RF loop through have to be activated and why is it deactivated during reboots?

I suggest it should just pass the signal through at all times. 

What do you think?
2 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: New

@fr8ys Thanks for the suggestion. I've asked the question and will let you know once I have more info 🙂

Community Star

YouView advice for rebooting is to do it when nothing is recording, or about to record, for that very reason. The RF passthrough requires a power supply, hence the drop when the box switches itself off, it is not a dumb connection sadly.