cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster speeds like the rest of the world

Submitted by martin123456 08-02-2020 | 9 Comments

I have talktalks fastest package but my mobile on 4g with giffgaff gives me faster down and upload speeds also i noticed other countries have 600mb download and 100mb uploads.

Why has the uk and talk talk still giving out super slow speeds compared to the rest of the world.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Faster speeds like the rest of the world

I have talktalks fastest package but my mobile on 4g with giffgaff gives me faster down and upload speeds also i noticed other countries have 600mb download and 100mb uploads.

Why has the uk and talk talk still giving out super slow speeds compared to the rest of the world.

What do you think?
9 Comments
Community Star

Simple answer: BT.

Popular Poster

Wrong i moved from them as they was slower.

I think its discusting the slow speeds the uk have compared to the rest of the world i have no issues with talktalk but speed.

Community Star

I meant in their role as near-monopoly controllers of the infrastructure i.e. Openreach.

Community Star

TalkTalk's fastest consumer package is 900Mbps in York. Full fibre wholesale deals with CityFibre and BT Openreach will bring similar speeds from next month when the deal with CityFibre concludes and Openreach at last release their higher speed Ultrafast services. And there's Virgin and other AltNets... For any of the faster speeds from TalkTalk above 80Mbps you'll need to be in a G.fast or full fibre enabled area.

Popular Poster

hmmm 

Community Star

hmm... so you're already faster on TalkTalk than 93% of Great Britain apparently.

Community Star

I think that's the point ....  😉

Popular Poster

I would rather we all get the same speeds as other countries do 68 mb is rather poor when other countries who have just bout got bricks for houses get stupid high speeds.

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi martin123456,

Thanks for your comments, we are always looking at ways to improve speeds and we rolling out our UFO product in some areas, we can also offer g.fast to some customers but I think it will be a while before all customers can benefit from speeds of 900Mbps

Chris