Need help?

Fibre BroadBand Speed Increases

Submitted by paulshent 15-12-2019 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Most users like myself are "Broadband speed limited", due to the network infrastructure. By this i mean the Maximum speed that the Fibre and Connection will work at.  As an example even though my copper cable is only 800 yards to nearest Green Fibre box, i can only get a MAX of 41000 line speed. As an idea can TalkTalk not investigate and report on ways that this could be resolved. Thus allowing the customer to increase broadband download speed if it was requested. In all cases a report on the line would be helpfull if a boost was requested.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Fibre BroadBand Speed Increases

Most users like myself are "Broadband speed limited", due to the network infrastructure. By this i mean the Maximum speed that the Fibre and Connection will work at.  As an example even though my copper cable is only 800 yards to nearest Green Fibre box, i can only get a MAX of 41000 line speed. As an idea can TalkTalk not investigate and report on ways that this could be resolved. Thus allowing the customer to increase broadband download speed if it was requested. In all cases a report on the line would be helpfull if a boost was requested.

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Star

I agree. Same here. I am limited due to cable type available from BT

Asked an engineer about this the other day while they were working on localbox.

Reply was.  We use aluminium type cable that imposes this limitation.

Do BT intend to replace the cable. Answer is no.