cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre BroadBand Speed Increases

Submitted by paulshent 15-12-2019 | 4 Comments

Most users like myself are "Broadband speed limited", due to the network infrastructure. By this i mean the Maximum speed that the Fibre and Connection will work at.  As an example even though my copper cable is only 800 yards to nearest Green Fibre box, i can only get a MAX of 41000 line speed. As an idea can TalkTalk not investigate and report on ways that this could be resolved. Thus allowing the customer to increase broadband download speed if it was requested. In all cases a report on the line would be helpfull if a boost was requested.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Fibre BroadBand Speed Increases

Most users like myself are "Broadband speed limited", due to the network infrastructure. By this i mean the Maximum speed that the Fibre and Connection will work at.  As an example even though my copper cable is only 800 yards to nearest Green Fibre box, i can only get a MAX of 41000 line speed. As an idea can TalkTalk not investigate and report on ways that this could be resolved. Thus allowing the customer to increase broadband download speed if it was requested. In all cases a report on the line would be helpfull if a boost was requested.

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Star

I agree. Same here. I am limited due to cable type available from BT

Asked an engineer about this the other day while they were working on localbox.

Reply was.  We use aluminium type cable that imposes this limitation.

Do BT intend to replace the cable. Answer is no.

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the delay. Unfortunately I don't think this is something that we are able to do but thanks for your comment 

Chris

Community Star

That is so true.   I made this comment to aid your good selves.  So many folk ask for the super speed boost when their line just cannot support it.  As i said it's not a TalkTalk issue, but a BT infrastructure cable issue.

Before someone orders this boost it may be prudent to test their line to see what speed the line would support.

Popular Poster

on taster fibre since last aug max download speed 35.5 not the speed promised?? live chat button not working how do i complain

reply to my quirie helpful i live in hope??