Forum layout and design

Submitted by nicky62 10-11-2019 | 5 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 2 of 4

Hi

Given that help with your service area on forum has around 40,000 more posts than next most popular area - lounge - it would appear that most on here go to forum to seek assistance when all things are not working well within their talktalk package?

On that basis I feel it would assist us all if that particular area took took position on list of where to post with in the forum.

Never fully understood why the most subscribed area is buried down to nearly bottom of list.

Better still would be if when driven to forum in state of flux over internet, phone or tv loss, that we could assisted further by not only having Help with Service at top of forum list but also broken down into areas most used within that help with service.  I would guess probably fibre/broadband,  phone, tv, billing as so on?  I.e. cut out middle man of having to click help with service before choosing your particular area.  I've been using forum for a bit now and more conversant but I know in the beginning it looked quite a confusing affair, hence why I generally use it only to complain about my service to be honest!

Other small issue that would also help is when you wish to switch areas in forum that you don't have to go back to start when you hit home above the area you are in . . i.e. I can go from your ideas at top straight to billing or something without having to go all way out and clicking on go to forum again.  I now see I can choose label to the right of this box but suspect that is more to do with area this is to be posted?  Thank you

Get more ideas related to: Community

Forum layout and design

Hi

Given that help with your service area on forum has around 40,000 more posts than next most popular area - lounge - it would appear that most on here go to forum to seek assistance when all things are not working well within their talktalk package?

On that basis I feel it would assist us all if that particular area took took position on list of where to post with in the forum.

Never fully understood why the most subscribed area is buried down to nearly bottom of list.

Better still would be if when driven to forum in state of flux over internet, phone or tv loss, that we could assisted further by not only having Help with Service at top of forum list but also broken down into areas most used within that help with service.  I would guess probably fibre/broadband,  phone, tv, billing as so on?  I.e. cut out middle man of having to click help with service before choosing your particular area.  I've been using forum for a bit now and more conversant but I know in the beginning it looked quite a confusing affair, hence why I generally use it only to complain about my service to be honest!

Other small issue that would also help is when you wish to switch areas in forum that you don't have to go back to start when you hit home above the area you are in . . i.e. I can go from your ideas at top straight to billing or something without having to go all way out and clicking on go to forum again.  I now see I can choose label to the right of this box but suspect that is more to do with area this is to be posted?  Thank you

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi nicky62,

Thanks for your suggestions, I've passed them on to our Community Manager, we'll let you know when we have any feedback

Thanks

Chris

Wizz Kid

Hi Chris

Thanks for letting me know.  If I could push my luck with further suggestion to the forum too, having perused it for a bit over the weekend.  

Many of the subject headings lead straight into posts/pics put forward by TT.  That's not my idea of a forum.  To my mind, contributing would be more appealing were there to be separate areas. One for Talktalk to promote latest products available and tips on using packages and so on; different area for TT customers and forum contributors to exchange their views, discuss ideas or put their issues forward for OCE's to pick up on? 

Thanks

Wizz Kid

Further point whilst considering if you can lay forum out in more user friendly way (to my mind of course;) any chance we can come direct to community from webmail page, perhaps with same login too?  Whilst I can go to news and TV guide, from my webmail I don't seem to able to jump direct to forum.

Bearing in mind every second counts in today's busy, busy world, any little assistance from TT to save this valuable commodity would very much appreciated.  Were not all my logins stored within this laptop I would utterly sunk so any reduction of loathsome password entering would be great obviously.  That said, I can understand the need to ensure no-one can access email account having found your password via forum, so will understand if added new password is needed to enter but still can be accessed whilst within webmail?

Community Manager
Status changed to: Investigating

Hey @nicky62  alwasy happy to get suggestions to make things better and easier to use the community, I've just moved the "Help with your service" section up in the order of the list and now shows more to the top. Also ith regards to going back to home and not hitting the home page, sadly home means home but what about adding a link direct to the forum from the header like here:

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 19.51.53.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-15 at 19.50.42.pngfurther up the menu

Wizz Kid

Hi Stephen

Thanks.

Help with your service now lying in position four in forum, great improvement.

Thanks for that and enjoy your weekend.

Best wishes

Nicky