Need help?

Full fibre broadband

Submitted by KannyKen 03-02-2021 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Our village is having full fibre broadband installed by Gigaclear but it seems only they will be offering a service but as yet we have seen zero information of what they offer. Are these new fibre systems only for use by the company who installs them. I can buy my electricity, gas and phone/ internet from a variety of suplliers who compete in an open market yet the all come down the same cable/ pipe. As it happens, my current download speed of 34mbs on FTC is adequate for me so I have no urgent desire to upgrade. However, households with parent WFH and children doing online learning  could well be struggling so there is a partial need for it. In that case, if they can afford it they will migrate to Gigaclear for some peace and quiet.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband Community Phone

0 Likes

Full fibre broadband

Our village is having full fibre broadband installed by Gigaclear but it seems only they will be offering a service but as yet we have seen zero information of what they offer. Are these new fibre systems only for use by the company who installs them. I can buy my electricity, gas and phone/ internet from a variety of suplliers who compete in an open market yet the all come down the same cable/ pipe. As it happens, my current download speed of 34mbs on FTC is adequate for me so I have no urgent desire to upgrade. However, households with parent WFH and children doing online learning  could well be struggling so there is a partial need for it. In that case, if they can afford it they will migrate to Gigaclear for some peace and quiet.

What do you think?
1 Comment
hosay299
Philosopher

@KannyKen they might come back and say tbc on dates or time frame for big changes for more help from staff post in the held side