Need help?

Help users recover Community login name

Submitted by RichardWeber 08-12-2017 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

There should be a way for users to recover a forgotten Community login name.

The login page for Talktalk Community contains a link to click if you need help with your login name or password. But clicking on this link brings you to a page where only the password can be reset. There is no way to obtain help recovering your login name. The only method for recovering a login name seems to be to phone Talktalk. But doing that put me in a phone call of over 30 minutes with an agent who did not succeed in finding a way to find my login name. Eventually, by experiment I guess my login name.

Get more ideas related to: Community

Help users recover Community login name

There should be a way for users to recover a forgotten Community login name.

The login page for Talktalk Community contains a link to click if you need help with your login name or password. But clicking on this link brings you to a page where only the password can be reset. There is no way to obtain help recovering your login name. The only method for recovering a login name seems to be to phone Talktalk. But doing that put me in a phone call of over 30 minutes with an agent who did not succeed in finding a way to find my login name. Eventually, by experiment I guess my login name.

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Manager - TT Staff
Status changed to: Accepted

Hey @RichardWeber, thanks for the suggestion and sorry to hear it took so long to get your username, glad you guessed it 🙂 Currently the forgotten password and remember username is the same function and due to a limitation of the platform, isn't something we can separate right now, however, you raise a very good point. 

When you reset your password today we also confirm your username in the email we send. My suggestion, whilst not perfect, is that we update all our links/buttons to reflect this so rather than just saying "forgotten password" we show "forgotten password or username". You'll be asked for your email address and the username and link to update password will be in the same email. 

Appreciate its not exactly what you've asked for but if we made this change i think it would help others from suffering from the same as your good self, what ya think, shall we give it a go?

Participant

Yes, sounds like a good change to make. Thanks for reading this. I wrote my suggestion very many months ago. I had assumed it have been long-ignored. You must have quite a huge backlog of user comments to address!

Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey @RichardWeber glad you agree, feeling a little embarrassed with the time it took us to reply, really sorry about that, we'll keep you posted as we get these changes made, thanks again!

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Delivered

@RichardWeber This has now been updated, thanks again for the suggestion 🙂