Need help?

INCLUDE A 'THUMBS DOWN' IMAGE TO SHOW 'DISLIKE'

Submitted by DorsetRover 15-05-2020 | 3 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

The logic for making this suggestion is that, following TalkTalk’s problems with their Mailboxes, I was unable to use ‘Outlook’ as a means of picking up TalkTalk Mail between 4th March, when I first raised the issue with TalkTalk and 14th May when TalkTalk finally repaired the fault.

In those 72 days, I was being fobbed off with comments such as:

'Don’t worry. I've alerted the TalkTalk Community Support Team and they'll make sure your mailboxes are associated with an active MyAccount.'

'Hi DorsetRover, I can get the mailboxes added to your account for you until the issues are fixed to allow you to do it yourself. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information.'

'The message is a known issue which we are currently working to resolve,'

'We're working on the problem',

'I have escalated the problem',

'There is planned maintenance this weekend'.

On 31st March I submitted the following post on the forum pages which related to a response from an ‘Office Community Expert’:

I can understand and appreciate that someone may/will 'like' a response given by a forum member or even an OCE when there is something positive in that person's response, however when that person's response is blatantly negative, lacking in any explanation and totally non pro-active, it makes me wonder why any two people would 'like' the response given by XXXXXXX.

What are your thoughts XXXXX?

By the way, has any forum member in the past suggested having a 'thumbs down' (to signify 'DISLIKE') and if so, what response was given? If not, I would like the opportunity of suggesting that the 'Thumbs Down' image be included.

I look forward to your response.

Needless to say, I did not receive a response.

So, my suggestion is that, if the forum has the facility to appreciate a comment by clicking on the ‘LIKE’ (thumbs up) sign, the forum should, by rights, include a ‘DISLIKE’ (thumbs down) sign to signify that the reader deprecates the comment, regardless of who made the comment.

Get more ideas related to: Community

0 Likes

INCLUDE A 'THUMBS DOWN' IMAGE TO SHOW 'DISLIKE'

The logic for making this suggestion is that, following TalkTalk’s problems with their Mailboxes, I was unable to use ‘Outlook’ as a means of picking up TalkTalk Mail between 4th March, when I first raised the issue with TalkTalk and 14th May when TalkTalk finally repaired the fault.

In those 72 days, I was being fobbed off with comments such as:

'Don’t worry. I've alerted the TalkTalk Community Support Team and they'll make sure your mailboxes are associated with an active MyAccount.'

'Hi DorsetRover, I can get the mailboxes added to your account for you until the issues are fixed to allow you to do it yourself. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information.'

'The message is a known issue which we are currently working to resolve,'

'We're working on the problem',

'I have escalated the problem',

'There is planned maintenance this weekend'.

On 31st March I submitted the following post on the forum pages which related to a response from an ‘Office Community Expert’:

I can understand and appreciate that someone may/will 'like' a response given by a forum member or even an OCE when there is something positive in that person's response, however when that person's response is blatantly negative, lacking in any explanation and totally non pro-active, it makes me wonder why any two people would 'like' the response given by XXXXXXX.

What are your thoughts XXXXX?

By the way, has any forum member in the past suggested having a 'thumbs down' (to signify 'DISLIKE') and if so, what response was given? If not, I would like the opportunity of suggesting that the 'Thumbs Down' image be included.

I look forward to your response.

Needless to say, I did not receive a response.

So, my suggestion is that, if the forum has the facility to appreciate a comment by clicking on the ‘LIKE’ (thumbs up) sign, the forum should, by rights, include a ‘DISLIKE’ (thumbs down) sign to signify that the reader deprecates the comment, regardless of who made the comment.

What do you think?
3 Comments
Enlightened One

Yes @DorsetRover, the provision of a 'Thumbs-down' option has been broached previousley, on more than on occasion, but, it has always received a ..................

index.jpg

~R.

Philosopher

@DorsetRover i can see where u going but i think u may find they will not add one as they have only do a few changes over the years on this site.

and the staff are looking at the help side more at the moment so may not get a reply soon from them.

Wizz Kid

Yes, I don't anticipate they will accept it and act on the suggestion. After all, there may be more thumbs 'down' than thumbs 'up'.!!