Need help?

Improve and speed up forum browsing

Submitted by shaidy | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

At present if you are in a forum sub-section and hit the home button you are taken straight to the main page. You then have to start back in by clicking on community. If the main forum page (the forum index) was added to the navigation path it would allow the user to head straight to the next section they wished to view.

EG. at the top of the page    Home - Your Ideas - New Idea 

could be altered to             Home - ForumIndex - Your Ideas - New Idea

Get more ideas related to: Community Other

Improve and speed up forum browsing

At present if you are in a forum sub-section and hit the home button you are taken straight to the main page. You then have to start back in by clicking on community. If the main forum page (the forum index) was added to the navigation path it would allow the user to head straight to the next section they wished to view.

EG. at the top of the page    Home - Your Ideas - New Idea 

could be altered to             Home - ForumIndex - Your Ideas - New Idea

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Star

Good idea. I often used the Forum link on the old style Community. Would be handy when you're logged out.  Instead of hitting the Home button try the yellow Browse tab when you're logged in and that, and its sub-menus, will usually take you where you want. 

Conversation Starter

Hehe, my forum days pre-date 'slide-in' menu's so my default action is to use the links at the top of the page. I never even looked at browse tab. But yes,I think it would definately be a bonus for people not logged in (and dinosaurs like me).

Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

@shaidy Thanks, that sounds like a great idea and is something we definitely want to do. We'll add this to our road map now. I'm unable to say exactly when it'll be implemented but I'll let you know once I know more :) Thanks again.

Chat Champion
Yes, there's definitely a level missing, in the "directory" structure shown at the top of pages, between home and the individual forum pages. This was going to be one of my own suggestions, so it's good to see it's already being looked into.