Increase upload bandwidth for 40Mbps fibre customers

Submitted by digitalsection 20-04-2017 | 15 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

I have a very healthy 40/2 product from TT - VDSL2

From install I had over 50 days solid connection almost maxing the 40 down and 2 up (37.9Mbps (4.7KB/s)  and 1.8Mbps (229KB/s)

Is there any chance TT could up the rate a touch? 4Mb would nice, I 'm not asking for the full 6Mb I could suport based on my line and stats.

I know I could upgrade to the 70 package and get a very fast upload, but 38Mbps is enough not to justify a 10-20Mb dowbload?

Please consider it for fibre medium customers, I'm in for a 24 months contract and would apprecciate a small increase for free!
More and more people are uploading images to facebook/instagram/twitter, even videos to youtube amd so on.
The network can support it based on my stats, I am beeing capped at 40 and 2 (due to my pacjkage) but I can in theory support 56Mbps DL & 6.2Mbps UL based on sync.

Latest update: Delivered

This has now been delivered as we now offer an up to 10mb upload speed for our faster fibre package.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Increase upload bandwidth for 40Mbps fibre customers

I have a very healthy 40/2 product from TT - VDSL2

From install I had over 50 days solid connection almost maxing the 40 down and 2 up (37.9Mbps (4.7KB/s)  and 1.8Mbps (229KB/s)

Is there any chance TT could up the rate a touch? 4Mb would nice, I 'm not asking for the full 6Mb I could suport based on my line and stats.

I know I could upgrade to the 70 package and get a very fast upload, but 38Mbps is enough not to justify a 10-20Mb dowbload?

Please consider it for fibre medium customers, I'm in for a 24 months contract and would apprecciate a small increase for free!
More and more people are uploading images to facebook/instagram/twitter, even videos to youtube amd so on.
The network can support it based on my stats, I am beeing capped at 40 and 2 (due to my pacjkage) but I can in theory support 56Mbps DL & 6.2Mbps UL based on sync.

Latest update: Delivered

This has now been delivered as we now offer an up to 10mb upload speed for our faster fibre package.

What do you think?
15 Comments
Chat Champion

There is a typo in the second line (37.9Mbps is OBVIOUSLY 4.7MB/s)

Chat Champion

and the form does not lik bbcode with html

http://testmy.net/hKVGuUbzn.7rpD8kjMt.png

Wizz Kid

I think TT are restricted by the packages Openreach offer. The next package up from 38/2 is 38/10. Personally I would prefer TT added the 55/10 package as a boost.

Chat Champion
thanks for the reply. I am syncing at 40/7 at present (capped to 38Mbps and 1.8Mbps) Even if TT did offer a 40/10 I would only achieve 38Mbps DL 6Mbps UL.(Capped at 40) I dont see why I should have to pay more for what my capped profile achieves. Even if TT doubled my current 1.8Mbps UL It was make a huge difference, I do upload small videos so it would still be slow but at least a 100% increase. Judging by my stats and TT buy from Openreach, then I am already on the 55/10 package It's 2017 and upload speed is much more important than it was just 10 or 15 years ago. I'm old enough to remember dial-up which was a mighty 5KB/s DL and 1KB/s UL 😞
Wizz Kid

I guess it is just the way the pricing works. You have to pay to enter the next tier no matter how much you can actually use. Openreach wholesale costs:

40/2 £8.28

40/10 £8.80 (+£0.60)

55/10 £10.08 (+£1.80)

80/20 £11.94 (+£3.66)

40/2 is the entry-level service. I agree that 40/10 would be a better entry-level to meet modern use cases. 55/10 is a nice midrange for those that want a little more, but do not need, or cannot achieve the full 80/20.

However, if TT did make changes to the service offering they are most likely to do it alongside a price increase. This enables them to shout about the service improvements, whilst wispering about the price increase.

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hey @digitalsection thanks for the suggestion, we're looking into this with our products team, we'll keep you posted as we get more info. 

Chat Champion

Hi Michelle, thanks for advising this is beig discussed.

Just to clarify: I am on the 40Mbps package, and receive almost the full 40Mbps (37-39Mbps on average) and my upload is 1.8Mbps

My DL sync to the router is 59Mbps (capped at 40Mbps)

My UL sync to the router is 7Mbps (cappped at 2Mbps)

THis is exactly what I am paying for and have had excellent service since it was sinstallled some 80 days ago.

I think if TT could lift the UL speed cap from 2Mbps to say 3 or even 4Mbps it would be superb, it would make any uploading of videos (especially HD videos from weddings/birthdays to friends and people who could not attend so much quicker and most users consume more download bandwidth than upload bandwidth..

Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Hey @digitalsection, Thanks for your suggestion, this is something that we are looking into in the future, however we don't have any specific dates/product information as yet. As soon as we have more info then we'll keep you updated.

Wizz Kid

Woohoo! Good news.

Wizz Kid

Latest update: Accepted

Hey @digitalsection, Thanks for your suggestion, this is something that we are looking into in the future, however we don't have any specific dates/product information as yet. As soon as we have more info then we'll keep you updated.

I know you don't have any specific dates but can you give a rough timescale? People have to commit to contract lengths of 1-2 years and so some indication would help when considering contract terms and renewals. Are we likely to see this within 6 months, in 6-12 months time, or could we be waiting more than a year?