Increase upload bandwidth for 40Mbps fibre customers

Submitted by digitalsection 20-04-2017 | 15 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

I have a very healthy 40/2 product from TT - VDSL2

From install I had over 50 days solid connection almost maxing the 40 down and 2 up (37.9Mbps (4.7KB/s)  and 1.8Mbps (229KB/s)

Is there any chance TT could up the rate a touch? 4Mb would nice, I 'm not asking for the full 6Mb I could suport based on my line and stats.

I know I could upgrade to the 70 package and get a very fast upload, but 38Mbps is enough not to justify a 10-20Mb dowbload?

Please consider it for fibre medium customers, I'm in for a 24 months contract and would apprecciate a small increase for free!
More and more people are uploading images to facebook/instagram/twitter, even videos to youtube amd so on.
The network can support it based on my stats, I am beeing capped at 40 and 2 (due to my pacjkage) but I can in theory support 56Mbps DL & 6.2Mbps UL based on sync.

Latest update: Delivered

This has now been delivered as we now offer an up to 10mb upload speed for our faster fibre package.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Increase upload bandwidth for 40Mbps fibre customers

I have a very healthy 40/2 product from TT - VDSL2

From install I had over 50 days solid connection almost maxing the 40 down and 2 up (37.9Mbps (4.7KB/s)  and 1.8Mbps (229KB/s)

Is there any chance TT could up the rate a touch? 4Mb would nice, I 'm not asking for the full 6Mb I could suport based on my line and stats.

I know I could upgrade to the 70 package and get a very fast upload, but 38Mbps is enough not to justify a 10-20Mb dowbload?

Please consider it for fibre medium customers, I'm in for a 24 months contract and would apprecciate a small increase for free!
More and more people are uploading images to facebook/instagram/twitter, even videos to youtube amd so on.
The network can support it based on my stats, I am beeing capped at 40 and 2 (due to my pacjkage) but I can in theory support 56Mbps DL & 6.2Mbps UL based on sync.

Latest update: Delivered

This has now been delivered as we now offer an up to 10mb upload speed for our faster fibre package.

What do you think?
15 Comments
Chat Champion

Wow, thanks Talk Talk 🙂 I have just noticed my upload seems to have been increased, I am now seeing 6.2Mbps (769KB/s) - That's awesome!

http://testmy.net/db/Bc2TNoGOs http://testmy.net/Bc2TNoGOs.png

Whizz Kid

Wow! You're right. Just checked and my connection speed is now 9999 Kbps with upload test of 9.47 Mbps. Looks like we are on the 40/10 service now. Weird that there hasn't been any formal announcement.

Community Team - TT Staff
Status changed to: Delivered

Visitor

I received an email from TalkTalk 14/07/2017 saying that my upload speed had been increased up to 5x faster at no extra cost, and my router is indeed syncing at 10M, but I still only get 1.8M throughput. It looks like the 2M cap is still in place. I called tech support to see if the cap should have been removed but they knew nothing of the upgrade and suggested that the email might be fake. So should I be getting 10M on Faster Fibre now or not? If I should then how do I get it enabled?

Philosopher

Hi nergbx . Should log it in broadband fibre page they can look at  it 

as i have the cap removed.

As the team on here are more better than chat i found