NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garton2019
Problem Solver

I notice that Stephenf and other OCE's are now promoting the corporate line that TalkTalk had to upgrade their prices.

No they didn't have to upgrade prices, they chose to upgrade prices.

I thing myself and most others will accept that prices may unfortunately have to increase over time, but IMO at least this should have been for new customers and new contracts.

To retrospectively increase the price of contracts that were sold as "fixed" price is unbelievably dubious. It may be "legal" but is it "decent and honest", at the very least I believe it to be unethical. You offered an inducement for people to sign up to TalkTalk, got the contacts and then pulled the rug from beneath the feet of your paying customers.

How can anyone now believe anything TT offers as an inducement to agree any contract. The new Fibre35 offers a fixed price option - who can now believe that. It would appear that you can say whatever you want to gain customers, then hide behind weasel words and just simple screw your existing base.

My idea - that TT honour their customer commitments - legal, decent and honest !

What do you think?
6 Comments
ferguson
Community Star

Absolutely, vote for Jeremy Corbyn and there will be free broadband for all. Oh wait, it's still a free market, capitalism at its finest, never mind, as you were. 

raj2001
Team Player

I'd urge everyone to make a formal complaint. It took me 80 minutes of time chatting to an agent to get my complaint registered! They basically tried all excuses so i did not get my formal complaint reference number.

ferguson
Community Star

Complain about what? A business increasing prices? Don't get me wrong, I am not delighted about it. But really? 

raj2001
Team Player

When i entered into this Talk Talk price plan i was told it was a fixed price plan for fixed period. The price would not change. I asked a few times whether this was true. The Talk Talk customer service agent told me yes it was true.  I would say i was missold the price plan.  If the Talk Talk customer service agents don't know the Terms & Conditions why should we be expected to know them?  All the adverts Talk Talk also mentioned fixed price for a fixed period.  Funny how they hid all the clauses in the terms & conditions that means all their adverts & talk talk customer service agents were just stating the wrong information to everyone.

adambee5747
Participant

By anybody's calculation I am an extremely low user. I rarely down or upload anything, I'm pretty old and don't understand the internet very well. I have been with TT for a good number of years, not because they are the best provider

adambee5747
Participant

No interest in customer service or fairness, it is merely base profiteering. It is not worth it to me being such a low user.