Need help?

Known problem area

Submitted by des09 28-08-2017 | 8 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

Thanks for your suggestion. I can see that our stars have answered this already but I also wanted to mention that we also periodically review threads on the Community and mark best answers to help others find a solution more quickly. This is something that we'll be working on more in the coming months. Thanks again 🙂

Best Answers

There are thousands of issues/ faults in this forum. But nowhere to go for a definitive solution for them.

Obviously issues that turn out to be hardware faults for instance couldn't be catered for, but there are many that can.

Some of the problem is that every customer describes their fault in subtly different ways. So it's difficult to find one that matches.

Equally when there's a positive match there often is no solution published.

A known error log is a common feature else where.

Obviously I've got a current issue!!!!!

Why do the sky1 etc channels show as blank screens.

I can guarantee I'm not the only one with this problem.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Known problem area

Thanks for your suggestion. I can see that our stars have answered this already but I also wanted to mention that we also periodically review threads on the Community and mark best answers to help others find a solution more quickly. This is something that we'll be working on more in the coming months. Thanks again 🙂

Best Answers

There are thousands of issues/ faults in this forum. But nowhere to go for a definitive solution for them.

Obviously issues that turn out to be hardware faults for instance couldn't be catered for, but there are many that can.

Some of the problem is that every customer describes their fault in subtly different ways. So it's difficult to find one that matches.

Equally when there's a positive match there often is no solution published.

A known error log is a common feature else where.

Obviously I've got a current issue!!!!!

Why do the sky1 etc channels show as blank screens.

I can guarantee I'm not the only one with this problem.

What do you think?
8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Threads that have been solved have a "best solution" flag. But it is the responsibility of the person who raised the issue to decide if a particular response solved their problem and set the flag.

A surprisingly large number of people don't bother, even after receiving the automatic reminder. But it would certainly help if they did.

Community Star

Solutions on Community are marked by members as Best Answers. Search and maybe there'll be a Best Answer marked with a green tick. I agree that people describe faults differently and search for their description - so how do you think the search for a solution could be improved on Community?

Better Knowledgebase / FAQ or more sticky posts at the top of each forum with current issues and solutions?

Wizz Kid

Perhaps it shouldn't be down to the forum infrastructure system. Perhaps after a customer has experienced the usual talktalk service and system problems, they haven't the patience to go back and do good housekeeping.

However if TalkTalk the organisation took some of the information, collated it and published it on line in a prominent position it would help at least two issues for them.

Reduce calls to their help desk and possibly raise the service qualty level perception of the overall organisation.

Community Star

I like your thinking and analysis and I support your idea and the benefits that TalkTalk would see.

Come Back Kid

great idea !

Wizz Kid

Well in parallel to advocating this idea I've had a problem in the system getting fixed. So I thought I'd better follow my own principals.

Basically I was missing all the "free" sky channels. Through a combination of fitting a new router and reassembling every other component it's all burst into life.

So rightly or wrongly I've marked this as best answer.

Now every person searching for "sky1 missing" will want a new router.

Not sure that talktalk would necessarily agree that every version of this fault needs a new router.

Community Team

@des09 Thanks for your suggestion. I can see that our stars have answered this already but I also wanted to mention that we also periodically review threads on the Community and mark best answers to help others find a solution more quickly. This is something that we'll be working on more in the coming months. Thanks again 🙂

Best Answers

Community Team
Status changed to: Delivered