Landline Phone Services

Submitted by UhtredofWessex 20-05-2020 | 0 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Hi,

in the course of finding my way around Talk Talk on behalf of my 91 year old father, I find that phone services are the poor relation in terms of services.

Broadband is the exciting must have service, landline phones are...essential but boring. Information is difficult to find and difficult to comprehend (and I was a telecoms manager in a previous life!)

The information online is rather difficult to find(what is the standard charge for a phone line - NO BROADBAND? ) Comparison websites dont really work for landlines. What options are there for customers who do not want Broadbandfrom Talktalk ? How do services work without broadband and online access?

I also discover it is likely that for historic reasons  a number of older less connected customers are paying call charges when they could add a boost to their account, saving money and getting peace of mind.

I would like to suggest Talktalk internally review all accounts where it is I ONLY a phone line and introduce a service to recommend a boost to the individual customer (£12.00?) , thereby saving the customer money.

The alternative is that customers will move to a service where the costs and service is clearer and dare i say it more geared up to phone only services.

Thanks for consideration...…(note even the labels for this post only offer *phones* - surely it should be landline phones since phones to many is ...mobiles?)

Get more ideas related to: Other Phone

0 Likes

Landline Phone Services

Hi,

in the course of finding my way around Talk Talk on behalf of my 91 year old father, I find that phone services are the poor relation in terms of services.

Broadband is the exciting must have service, landline phones are...essential but boring. Information is difficult to find and difficult to comprehend (and I was a telecoms manager in a previous life!)

The information online is rather difficult to find(what is the standard charge for a phone line - NO BROADBAND? ) Comparison websites dont really work for landlines. What options are there for customers who do not want Broadbandfrom Talktalk ? How do services work without broadband and online access?

I also discover it is likely that for historic reasons  a number of older less connected customers are paying call charges when they could add a boost to their account, saving money and getting peace of mind.

I would like to suggest Talktalk internally review all accounts where it is I ONLY a phone line and introduce a service to recommend a boost to the individual customer (£12.00?) , thereby saving the customer money.

The alternative is that customers will move to a service where the costs and service is clearer and dare i say it more geared up to phone only services.

Thanks for consideration...…(note even the labels for this post only offer *phones* - surely it should be landline phones since phones to many is ...mobiles?)