Need help?

Landline repair customer satisfaction

Submitted by Gondola 22-03-2017 | 5 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

When Openreach fix a 'phone line fault they report back to TalkTalk and the staff then post here to the customer "Openreach say your fault is resolved" and "Is your fault resolved?"

It would generate far more customer satisfaction for TalkTalk to run diagnostics on the line and for the customer to receive a timely 'phone call from TalkTalk to say the line has passed its tests.

It would also prove the line was working satisfactorily and give an opportunity to ask if Openreach carried out repairs at the customer premises and if the customer was happy with that work. Making sure the customer is satisfied and double checking if Openreach claim a chargeable fault was on customer premises equipment thus minimising subsequent customer surprise and dissatisfaction at being charged. 

Get more ideas related to: Phone

Landline repair customer satisfaction

When Openreach fix a 'phone line fault they report back to TalkTalk and the staff then post here to the customer "Openreach say your fault is resolved" and "Is your fault resolved?"

It would generate far more customer satisfaction for TalkTalk to run diagnostics on the line and for the customer to receive a timely 'phone call from TalkTalk to say the line has passed its tests.

It would also prove the line was working satisfactorily and give an opportunity to ask if Openreach carried out repairs at the customer premises and if the customer was happy with that work. Making sure the customer is satisfied and double checking if Openreach claim a chargeable fault was on customer premises equipment thus minimising subsequent customer surprise and dissatisfaction at being charged. 

What do you think?
5 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Needs Info

@Gondola Sorry for the delay and thanks for your suggestion. Do you mean post on the Community?

Community Star

Gosh... this idea was posted a long time ago!  TalkTalk call out Openreach to fix a fault and Openreach provide an Engineer's fix report back to TalkTalk.  I felt it should be possible for TalkTalk Networks to run diagnostics to prove the line was working satisfactorily.  Maybe they do that already?  In the event that Openreach say it's a chargeable repair I felt it was good practice for TalkTalk to contact the customer regarding that chargeable repair.  Originally, I felt it was best to make a 'phone call to the customer but the next best thing would be to flag up in Community that Openreach are claiming a chargeable repair. I know you get the customer's agreement in advance for chargeable repairs but it isn't until the Openreach report is seen that TalkTalk know it's going to be charged.

Community Team

@Gondola Thanks for the additional information. Back in the day I know we used to outbound call customer to confirm if fault had been fully resolved once we had received an update back from BTOR. Now I believe it's mainly SMS message to confirm if a fault has been fixed or not fixed. An additional line test is run once we receive confirmation that a fault has been repaired.

Regarding potential charges, we don't always know straight away if a fault is chargeable or not and this is reviewed by a specific team who will go through the report and make this decision. As far as I am aware they don't make outbound calls.

Community Star

The line testing and customer SMS is good although no opportunity for quality of care customer feedback with a fix / no fix response. What happens if the customer responds no fix to a line that's back in action but now crackly?  I was hoping there was a way to get an early response to the customer on whether Openreach were claiming charges or not.  There used to be quite a few cases of disputed Openreach charges although I don't see so many now so maybe it's not so much of an issue.

Community Team

@Gondola Thanks, I'll pass your feedback over.