cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My telephone land line does not have the ring back I pay for.Have tried contacting Talk Talk I just

Submitted by wheeler 05-09-2020 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I do not consider the service adequate,cannot talk to anybody considering moving on

it says correct the highlighted areas there are none

Get more ideas related to: Phone

0 Likes

My telephone land line does not have the ring back I pay for.Have tried contacting Talk Talk I just

I do not consider the service adequate,cannot talk to anybody considering moving on

it says correct the highlighted areas there are none

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Star

@wheeler, a notice was issued with the June bill:

"From 29th June, speed dial, ring back and reminder call features will no longer be available. For more information, please visit TalkTalk Help & Support".

These features were included free, so removing them means there were no changes to our bills. It could be argued that the content of what you are paying for has changed,  although the basic Broadband  contract simply includes the landline and the facility therefore to make calls. 

These facilities cannot be reinstated. There was a change to the content, but they usually regard the material change as significant if it's financial rather than the detail. Interesting aspect of our contracts....!

See what LOYALTY say, if you wish to leave because of this. You can reach someone through Chat today linked from here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

or by phoning 03451 720046 during business hours Monday to Saturday. 

You will need to wait for preliminary messages to end and then say you want to cancel. If they don't consider this a material change you will need to pay early termination fees if in contract or 30 days' notice if out of contract.  An Openreach serviced ISP will organise the cancellation of your service for you if you switch to them. If you move to a cable company like Virgin, you have to do the cancellation instructions yourself.