Need help?

Need a new improved Youview Box

Submitted by Giraffe 07-01-2021 | 6 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Are TalkTalk looking to market a more upto date Youview Box, similar to the BT Ultra HD which seems to be considered one of the best currently available?

Your current recorder 372 has been about for years and in my experience and it seems other users from posts on the forum is very problematic.

Get more ideas related to: TV

0 Likes

Need a new improved Youview Box

Are TalkTalk looking to market a more upto date Youview Box, similar to the BT Ultra HD which seems to be considered one of the best currently available?

Your current recorder 372 has been about for years and in my experience and it seems other users from posts on the forum is very problematic.

What do you think?
6 Comments
bedders
Conversation Starter

I totally agree - the Youview software is great, really easy to use. But the box is so dated and the hardware cannot cope. 

Come on Talktalk - bring out a new box and make us TV users happy. 

hosay299
Philosopher

@Giraffe @bedders talktalk do not own the box youview do so it is down to them both see the agreement on the box setting page 

Giraffe
Wise Owl

Thanks hosay299

Well I didn't know that.

I wonder do you know more about Youview for instance do they also own the BT Ultra HD Youview Box and if so can I purchase that box without becoming a BT Customer?

Many Thanks

G

ferguson
Community Star

BT have a UHD box because they provide UHD services. TalkTalk don't. 

Giraffe
Wise Owl

Hi Fergus

Your answer leads me to two other questions, I wonder if you can help further.

1 Will the BT Box I refer to work with TalkTalk Broadband, I have the faster fibre version in the region of 38 mbps?

2 If not what other make and models of youview box, other than the Huawei 372 version will also work with TT?

I have decided to look for other options for when I am ready to move on from the troublesome Huawei 372. At the moment though my 372 is working OK again have recently done another factory reset.

Thanks

ferguson
Community Star

Any YouView branded box will work.