New Apps & Players

Submitted by Fred Smith 08-06-2020 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Hi,

I was surprised to find that dplay (the online on-demand service for Quest, Food Channel etc.) is not currently available on TalkTalk’s ‘apps & players’:

Although it is free to watch online:

https://www.dplay.co.uk/

I just wondered if there were possibly any plans to incorporate it any time soon or if this may be considered?

Many thanks

Fred

Get more ideas related to: TV

0 Likes

New Apps & Players

Hi,

I was surprised to find that dplay (the online on-demand service for Quest, Food Channel etc.) is not currently available on TalkTalk’s ‘apps & players’:

Although it is free to watch online:

https://www.dplay.co.uk/

I just wondered if there were possibly any plans to incorporate it any time soon or if this may be considered?

Many thanks

Fred

What do you think?
2 Comments
Philosopher

@Fred Smith ok the box is actual a you view own so talktalk and bt just have there branding places on it there is some new things coming out over time but we do not know if the ones u want will come it mainly depends on the you view are planning and work with the t/t and bt or either of them.

If u need some help with ur service please post on the help side and we can help u out

U can try asking also in the you view community https://community.youview.com/youview/

i can say that things like this take a lot of time and planning as it was a long time for Amazon player to come on the box even after people asked for it

u may find u will not get a clear answer from either t/t or you view as they can not say but might say we have taken ur feedback to the tv team type thing

i think over time the player will be added as they seem to be going that way.

most of the box is done from a cloud based system now so a lot easier 

for help u can get it on this area just post in the service ur required help with we also can offer advice on things to  see here

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Visitor

Thanks, hosay299.