cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Modern Router with one single light.

Submitted by an1sa_k 04-09-2017 | 11 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

Could we have a new router design that has one single light on to show that everything is working fine and if there is a problem, then the light changes colour, a bit like the Virgin Media Router Hub or the Vodafone Broadband Router. The thing is that during movie night at my house, when the lights are switched off, the flashing lights on the current router are a bit distracting, so a single, constant on light would be good. Also, I think the current router designs of both the HG533 & D-LINK 3782 are now old. A new router with a new design would be awesome!

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

New Modern Router with one single light.

Could we have a new router design that has one single light on to show that everything is working fine and if there is a problem, then the light changes colour, a bit like the Virgin Media Router Hub or the Vodafone Broadband Router. The thing is that during movie night at my house, when the lights are switched off, the flashing lights on the current router are a bit distracting, so a single, constant on light would be good. Also, I think the current router designs of both the HG533 & D-LINK 3782 are now old. A new router with a new design would be awesome!

What do you think?
11 Comments
Conversation Starter

I think this is a bad idea. I use the diagnostic lights. You could always put black tape over them.

Wizz Kid

There could still be diagnostic lights, just one main light at the front. Like the Vodafone Home Broadband router, the diagnostic lights are at the top that are activated when you place your hand over the sensor. At the front there is just one main light that shows everything is working well. If there is a problem, the main light at the front flashes and you could place your hand over the sensor to see what the problem is. 

Conversation Starter

I second the "black tape" solution. Cover them all except Broadband. Or use a marker pen/nail varnish to dim them but you may get billed for damaging Talktalk equipment...

Pity the Internet light flashes with activity.

HG633 troubleshooting:

Not lit = No power

Flashing Green = No DSL sync

Green = All OK (unless 'Internet' is Red!)

AjA

Community Star

Turn it sideways?

Community Team
Status changed to: Delivered

@an1sa_k Thanks for the suggestion. Our new Wifi Hub router has this feature.

Set up your Wifi Hub

Wizz Kid

Awesome!!! Is there any way current customers can get one, as I just want to get my hands on that beauty! 

Community Star
Conversation Starter

"Awesome!!! Is there any way current customers can get one, as I just want to get my hands on that beauty!" This sounds like you don't care about specs so long as it looks pretty.

It is important for some people to be able to see any problems at a glance (As in which lights are on).

I checked the specs, no USB port?

Community Star

A single light can in fact cover the functions of several, but why not join in with one of the discussion topics on this rather than posting in the Ideas section? 

Wizz Kid

"This sounds like you don't care about specs so long as it looks pretty.

It is important for some people to be able to see any problems at a glance (As in which lights are on).

I checked the specs, no USB port?"

I've read the Specification, thank you very much and was happy with it, which is why I haven't commented on that. If you read the title of this idea, you would realise that I wanted Talktalk to design a router that looked good. Obviously, you haven't done your research on the router to find that the single light actually changes colour to let you know when there's a problem. I don't use the USB port on the back, so this didn't seem like an issue to me.