cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Modern Router with one single light.

Submitted by an1sa_k 04-09-2017 | 11 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

Could we have a new router design that has one single light on to show that everything is working fine and if there is a problem, then the light changes colour, a bit like the Virgin Media Router Hub or the Vodafone Broadband Router. The thing is that during movie night at my house, when the lights are switched off, the flashing lights on the current router are a bit distracting, so a single, constant on light would be good. Also, I think the current router designs of both the HG533 & D-LINK 3782 are now old. A new router with a new design would be awesome!

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

New Modern Router with one single light.

Could we have a new router design that has one single light on to show that everything is working fine and if there is a problem, then the light changes colour, a bit like the Virgin Media Router Hub or the Vodafone Broadband Router. The thing is that during movie night at my house, when the lights are switched off, the flashing lights on the current router are a bit distracting, so a single, constant on light would be good. Also, I think the current router designs of both the HG533 & D-LINK 3782 are now old. A new router with a new design would be awesome!

What do you think?
11 Comments
Conversation Starter
an1sa k you are right, I didn't realise that one light cycles through six colours (For the six lights on the old router). I read the specs, otherwise I wouldn't know the USB port was missing! I don't care the router looks good. To me function is the most important thing.
ferguson, my thoughts are posted on 18/10/17. As uscweb under "What do you think?", am I only allowed one post?
I can't help thinking this is a loss of function for the sake of art.