Need help?

New power line adapters not working

Submitted by 4trenoweth 15-06-2020 | 3 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

One of my old D-link adapters died, and I was sent a new pair.  Cannot get them to work, despite using all new ethernet cables, trying every socket, and resetting everything a million times.  Trying to watch a film on Netfix or on catchup TV is impossible, loads very, very slowly, and then after a few minutes it starts buffering.  Never had this problem with the old setup.  My modem and powerline adapters are all fairly old, but until now have all worked perfectly.  Have checked my internet speed and that's OK, and my internet generally works, just now cannot use apps and players on my You View box.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

New power line adapters not working

One of my old D-link adapters died, and I was sent a new pair.  Cannot get them to work, despite using all new ethernet cables, trying every socket, and resetting everything a million times.  Trying to watch a film on Netfix or on catchup TV is impossible, loads very, very slowly, and then after a few minutes it starts buffering.  Never had this problem with the old setup.  My modem and powerline adapters are all fairly old, but until now have all worked perfectly.  Have checked my internet speed and that's OK, and my internet generally works, just now cannot use apps and players on my You View box.

What do you think?
3 Comments
First Timer

I've been told to start a new topic, how do I do that?  It seems to get an answer from anybody is impossible, just going round in circles!

Philosopher

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Philosopher