Need help?

Not let your new customers down and leave them totally stuck

Submitted by kieranmonk 05-08-2020 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Our Talktalk internet install was supposed to happen today.

The Engineer turned up and was surprised to find no line phone at our place despite this being flagged up during the sign up process and talktalk having a database of address and phone line status. He could not complete the install as he didn't have a cherry picker to access the roof of our house so left without completing the install.

Called talktalk to find out when the installation would be completed and was told it would be approximately 2 weeks from now! I informed the call center person that we have canceled with our old provider virgin as we were promised we would be up and running with talktalk today. My partner is working from home and is now totally stuffed. I asked if they could at least provide a data sim to allow here to work and they said no with no real apology person on the phone totally disinterested. Absolutely no attempt to help us out or make things right. 

We left virgin due to the poor customer service... now seems things will be even worse!

Not a good start, not happy 

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

Not let your new customers down and leave them totally stuck

Our Talktalk internet install was supposed to happen today.

The Engineer turned up and was surprised to find no line phone at our place despite this being flagged up during the sign up process and talktalk having a database of address and phone line status. He could not complete the install as he didn't have a cherry picker to access the roof of our house so left without completing the install.

Called talktalk to find out when the installation would be completed and was told it would be approximately 2 weeks from now! I informed the call center person that we have canceled with our old provider virgin as we were promised we would be up and running with talktalk today. My partner is working from home and is now totally stuffed. I asked if they could at least provide a data sim to allow here to work and they said no with no real apology person on the phone totally disinterested. Absolutely no attempt to help us out or make things right. 

We left virgin due to the poor customer service... now seems things will be even worse!

Not a good start, not happy 

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Star

Sorry to hear this @kieranmonk , you should start a topic in the Help section and the support team will do all they can to assist.

Popular Poster

will do thanks for the advice ferguson

Philosopher

@kieranmonk rememmber talktalk and other isp all work on the same system and have to wait on bt optec apart from v/m

Popular Poster

@hosay299  thanks for the info and yer I have since learned that this is how talktalk operate but still they need to take ownership of this mistake as they contacting out this work. They should ensure that the team needed to complete the task are available on the date they promise to have you up and running as people like me are heavily reliant on the time frame. Its not good enough to say you will definitely have your internet up and running on this date and then relay on the whim of another company to deliver this promise. In any other situation this would be totally unacceptable imagine having your flight delayed by 2 weeks and finding out they day your due to fly.. but in this we have become so used to being let down by our internet service providers we have just come to accept these sorts of situation. I understand that technical difficulties come up but they should have an alternative system in place to deal with these situations i.e. offering me some sort of temporary solution like a data sim since they have put me in this difficult position. This would cost them virtually nothing and would have been a not ideal but usable work around for us.