Need help?

One Account for Account Services and Forum

Submitted by W130SN 19-09-2019 | 7 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 3 of 4

Why can't we just have one account for account services and the forum?

At least when setting up the forum account, why not force people to complete the profile completely? This would save time when people had queries, the OCE's wouldn't have to ask people to fill it out and would be able to respond immediately. 

Seems senseless not to have those items auto filled from the service account.

Status changed to: Accepted
This idea has been reviewed by the community, our product teams and accepted as an idea we can implement in the future.

Get more ideas related to: Community Other

One Account for Account Services and Forum

Why can't we just have one account for account services and the forum?

At least when setting up the forum account, why not force people to complete the profile completely? This would save time when people had queries, the OCE's wouldn't have to ask people to fill it out and would be able to respond immediately. 

Seems senseless not to have those items auto filled from the service account.

This idea has been reviewed by the community, our product teams and accepted as an idea we can implement in the future.

What do you think?
7 Comments
Community Star

Not all community members are TalkTalk customers. 

Wizz Kid

I understand that, but when creating a service account a forum account should be created simultaneously.

If somebody is trying to create a forum account then they should be asked if they are a customer and then can log in with their service account. If they are not a customer then a forum account can be created as usual.

It shouldn't be difficult to implement.

Community Star

I tend to agree that customers who register for the community should be prompted to complete sufficient details to identify themselves to TalkTalk staff, this would certainly save time in many cases. But I wonder if Data Protection and/or privacy rules prevent the kind of auto registration you propose, I am a customer of a great many organisations which provide support forums and I am not aware of a single one which behaves in the way you suggest.

Wizz Kid

You may be correct, Data Protection and/or privacy rules could be a possible reason but I would imagine having one database for both types of account would be better than the 2 separate databases.

Anyway, only a suggestion if it is impractical then fair enough.

Community Star

You should get an official response from TalkTalk at some point, so let's see what they have to say.

Community Team
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi W130SN,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that ferguson may be correct regarding data protection but I'll raise it to the relevant party. I'll let you know when I have any further information

Thanks

Chris

Community Manager

Hey @W130SN It's a great idea and something we also want to deliver. Having a single sign on solution not only makes things easier for our customers but also for us, we'd never need to ask for you to populate your profile with a phone or account number as we'd already have this. Whilst this is something we want to deliver, right now it's not technically possible for us to achieve this but it's on our list to achieve.